Unraveling the Connection Between Space and Time

• Thread starter Daniel Bravo
  • Start date
In summary, the concept of spacetime, popularized by Einstein's theory of relativity, suggests that space and time are inextricably linked and cannot be separated. This theory revolutionized our understanding of the universe and has been confirmed by numerous experiments and observations. It describes how the fabric of spacetime is affected by the presence of matter and energy, resulting in the effects of gravity. Furthermore, the theory of spacetime has led to the development of important concepts such as time dilation and the possibility of time travel, challenging our traditional understanding of time as a linear and unchanging dimension. Overall, the connection between space and time is fundamental to our understanding of the universe and continues to be a topic of ongoing research and exploration.
Daniel Bravo
So it kind of donned on me that a lot of people think space and time are concepts that are dependent on one another when they appear not. I say this because to me, it seems that if something didn't move, time would not exist but space always exists. The space that an object can occupy will always exist whether the object reaches there or not. And so time to me, only exists if motion exists. So shouldn't time be more associated with motion rather than with space??

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Daniel, unfortunately this is where new members introduce themselves. If you have questions, please find the appropriate forum, and ask your question there, posting the appropriate source where your question came from.

Please be sure to read our rules, we do not allow personal theories, but perhaps you are just confused and mean to ask a question.

Thank you. :smile: