Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Space and time

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1
    I have no idea about it,

as my understanding,that Mr.Einstein depicted that what actually happening in space are above on a plane and flat Space-time fabric.Is this telling us that the earth around is nothing ?What i trying to say is the surrounding of a mass might not exist only a plane of space-time fabric but is totally covered the earth itself .just like a ball inside a box,and the volume of box is infinite as space(space and time) mean we are not living on a flat space but contented in whole of it. would it be???:bugeye:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2012 #2

Mentz114

Gold Member

I find it difficult to understand your questions.

In general relativity there is a distinction between vacuum solutions, which represent spacetime where there is no matter, but this spacetime may be curved by the presence of matter elsewhere.

4. Mar 28, 2012 #3
    ya,i was talking abt this ,by the way what was illustrate as u can watching on youtube are in flat and plane.

what i was stated that the bent of the spacetime should like this

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook