Space Shuttle Lands in San Diego, and other April Fools Day classics

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...Space Shuttle Lands in San Diego: In 1993 Dave Rickards, a deejay at KGB-FM in San Diego, announced that the space shuttle Discovery had been diverted from Edwards Air Force Base and would instead soon land at Montgomery Field, a small airport in the middle of a residential area just outside the city. Thousands of commuters immediately headed toward the landing site, causing enormous traffic jams. [continued]
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/living/11282118.htm

One year when I was still in high school we had a girl whose uncle was working with Howard-Hanna and lent her a real sign for the day to put out front. Apparently there were hundreds of calls to both us and Howard-Hanna inquiring about the property/ upset that our school was going to be sold.
My second favorite we did was put another sign out front saying "we will be accepting BOYS for the next school year!!!" (all girls school you see). Cue the phone calls and an administration very mad at us. :biggrin:

SOS2008

Gold Member
Andromeda321 said:
One year when I was still in high school we had a girl whose uncle was working with Howard-Hanna and lent her a real sign for the day to put out front. Apparently there were hundreds of calls to both us and Howard-Hanna inquiring about the property/ upset that our school was going to be sold.
My second favorite we did was put another sign out front saying "we will be accepting BOYS for the next school year!!!" (all girls school you see). Cue the phone calls and an administration very mad at us. :biggrin:
Sounds like a fun school!

On #3 about powdered water, at first I'm thinking, and you mix it with...?

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed