Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Space Shuttle Lands in San Diego, and other April Fools Day classics

1. Apr 2, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2005 #2

Gold Member

4. Apr 2, 2005 #3
    One year when I was still in high school we had a girl whose uncle was working with Howard-Hanna and lent her a real sign for the day to put out front. Apparently there were hundreds of calls to both us and Howard-Hanna inquiring about the property/ upset that our school was going to be sold.
    My second favorite we did was put another sign out front saying "we will be accepting BOYS for the next school year!!!" (all girls school you see). Cue the phone calls and an administration very mad at us. :biggrin:
  5. Apr 2, 2005 #4

Gold Member

Sounds like a fun school!

On #3 about powdered water, at first I'm thinking, and you mix it with...?
  6. Apr 2, 2005 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

How about this one from yesterday? http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/blog/archives/000176.html

Really delicious if you've been following the string landscape slow motion catastrophe, and Woit's frequently waspish comments on it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?