Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Space standards

1. Dec 26, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone.
    I have a homework about the standard tests and procedures of qualification of a radiation detector that have to completed before it sent to space.
    Please help me about that topic asap.
    Thank you so much.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: Space standarts

Tell us what you have found so far in your research. We certainly do not do your homework for you here on the PF.

4. Dec 27, 2009 #3
    Re: Space standarts

You are completely right.
    For a couple of days i was searching in the librarys but there exist only nothing.On the other hand,i think i got something on the web.On that following page,http://www.ecss.nl/ there exist some standards but it is really complicated.I do not have an advanced experience on that topic but,some points are such as total ionizing dose and non-ionizing dose and also the simulation programs like Omere,Fastrad for a derived quantity.
    But what i mean is basicly,if someone produces a device and if it will be used in a space mission or something like a space craft,what are the procedures of applying it.What kind of tests and what are other procedures that the inventor have to complete?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook