Space-Time: A New Vision of the Universe

• I
  • Thread starter GabrielCoriiu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space-time
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of each fundamental particle in the universe having its own space-time fabric, as opposed to the current understanding of a 4 dimensional universe according to Einstein's theory. However, this idea is deemed unnecessary and would require further development of laws to explain interactions between these different space-times. The thread is then closed due to it being a violation of forum rules.
GabrielCoriiu
Hey,

I have a thought that has been bugging me for a while. I know that Einstein's theory about the universe says we are all living in a 4 dimensional universe (the space-time fabric), but what if every fundamental particle in the universe has its own space-time. As if there are as many space-time fabrics as there are fundamental particles. Is that absurd? I've also made an image to help you better understand what I mean.

A - the current vision of the universe
B - my vision

link to the image in full res http://seenax.com/images/physics.gif
physics.gif

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
GabrielCoriiu said:
. I know that Einstein's theory about the universe says we are all living in a 4 dimensional universe (the space-time fabric), but what if every fundamental particle in the universe has its own space-time. As if there are as many space-time fabrics as there are fundamental particles. Is that absurd?

It unnecessarily complicates things since you would then have to develop laws to explain how each spacetime interacts with the others such that all particles are capable of interacting with each other. You'd probably just end up with a complicated theory that explains nothing beyond what we already know.

Since this thread isn't about an accepted theory, discussing it further would be a violation of PF rules, so I'm going to have to close it.

Thread locked.

1. What is space-time?

Space-time is a concept in physics that combines the three dimensions of space (length, width, and height) with the dimension of time. It is often described as a four-dimensional continuum, where an event is described by its position in both space and time.

2. Who first proposed the idea of space-time?

The concept of space-time was first proposed by Albert Einstein in his theory of general relativity in 1915. He described how the presence of massive objects, such as planets and stars, can cause a distortion in space-time, which we experience as gravity.

3. How does space-time affect the behavior of light?

According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, the speed of light is constant in all reference frames. This means that light must travel at the same speed through both space and time. As a result, the curvature of space-time can affect the path of light, causing it to bend around massive objects.

4. Can space-time be warped or manipulated?

Yes, according to the theory of general relativity, space-time can be warped or manipulated by the presence of massive objects or energy. This is known as the curvature of space-time and is responsible for the force of gravity.

5. How does space-time help us understand the universe?

Space-time is a fundamental concept in understanding the behavior of the universe. It helps us understand the relationship between space, time, and gravity, and how massive objects interact with each other. It also provides a framework for understanding the expansion of the universe and the concept of the Big Bang.