Improve SpaceMan Adventures v5 | Fix Flickering & Use New Graphics

• Thread starter Algren
  • Start date
In summary, to improve your game, consider using newer graphics libraries, adding more levels and challenges, incorporating sound effects and music, converting it into a Windows application, and seeking feedback from players. Good luck with your game!
Algren
Its just a game i put together. (0) ::Any suggestions to how can I make this game better?

(1) :: Also, the game flickers all the time, how can I fix it?

Game.exe (with all required drivers)

http://www.mediafire.com/?lgl8sfuhbs9uf8j (Turbo Compiler Code)

(2) :: I have used some seriously outdated BGI graphics, how can i use the new graphics?

(3) :: Since this is a Dos program, how can I make it run in Vista and 7, without using DosBox? A work around, or conversion will do.

Some Instructions for the Game: "Standard W-A-S-D, X for retreating, O for shields, P for pause. Use difficulty 10 or pro mode for a challenge. Extract the .zip file and play!"

Technology news on Phys.org

Hello there! It's great to hear that you have created a game and are looking for ways to improve it. I can offer some suggestions to help make your game better.

Firstly, the flickering issue could be due to the outdated BGI graphics you mentioned. I would suggest using newer graphics libraries such as OpenGL or DirectX to improve the visual quality and reduce the flickering. These libraries are widely used and supported, and there are plenty of tutorials and resources available online to help you get started.

Secondly, to make your game more appealing and engaging, you could consider adding more levels or challenges to keep the players interested. You could also add different modes or difficulty levels to cater to different types of players.

Additionally, you could also think about adding sound effects and background music to enhance the overall gaming experience. This can be easily done using libraries like OpenAL or FMOD.

As for making your game compatible with newer operating systems like Vista and 7, you could try converting it into a Windows application using a development environment like Visual Studio. This will allow your game to run without the need for DosBox or any other workarounds.

Lastly, I would suggest seeking feedback from players and incorporating their suggestions and ideas to further improve your game. This will not only help make your game better but also make it more enjoyable for the players.

I hope these suggestions will help you in making your game even better. Good luck!

1. What is the purpose of "Improve SpaceMan Adventures v5"?

The purpose of "Improve SpaceMan Adventures v5" is to enhance the gaming experience of players by fixing flickering issues and implementing new graphics to improve visual quality.

2. How will the flickering issues be fixed in version 5 of SpaceMan Adventures?

In version 5, the flickering issues will be fixed by identifying and resolving any bugs or glitches in the game's code that may be causing the flickering. The developers may also optimize the game's graphics and animations to reduce the occurrence of flickering.

3. Will the new graphics affect the gameplay in any way?

No, the new graphics will not affect the gameplay in any way. They are simply meant to enhance the visual experience of the game and make it more appealing to players.

4. When will version 5 of SpaceMan Adventures be released?

The release date for version 5 of SpaceMan Adventures has not been announced yet. It is currently in development and will be released once all necessary improvements and fixes have been made.

5. Will players have to pay for the update to version 5?

No, players will not have to pay for the update to version 5. It will be a free update for all players who have already purchased the game. This is a common practice in the gaming industry to provide updates and improvements to existing games at no extra cost.