1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spain vs France

1. Jun 27, 2006 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Clash of the titans! Superb game, and 1-1 at half time. Ribery had a superb finish, didn't he? I have a feeling, that Henry's gonna beat the offside trap soon. He's come close to beating it already. The winners of this game face Brazil!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Definitely a welcome change from the Ukraine/Switzerland game.

4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

EL

Science Advisor

Nice game. But Spain's offside traps are very dangerous. Probably some French midfielder coming from behind will score soon.

5. Jun 27, 2006 #4

EL

Science Advisor

...well it was a midfielder, but not the way I suspected. 2-1 Viera!
    (But didn't Henry act to get that freekick?)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  6. Jun 27, 2006 #5

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

3-1 thanks to Zizou and France are through to face Brazil! Yeah, I think Henry acted. He played very poorly again today, I think the french should sub him, like the dutch subbed van nistelrooy.

7. Jun 27, 2006 #6

EL

Science Advisor

..and that ended well...:wink: :uhh: :wink:

8. Jun 27, 2006 #7
    Great game, France are playing MUCH better... Could be an all European final...

9. Jun 27, 2006 #8
    Every time Zidan and Henry play together, Henry doesnt play as good as he can. I didnt think he played badly, but I have seen him do better...

10. Jun 27, 2006 #9
    That...game...was.. an atrocity!!

However, France are now back (I hope) to their former glory. A classic awaits between them and Brazil..

As for the dive from Henry; It is fair, to be honest. Torres did plenty of diving as well to get free kicks. It is harsh to degrade Henry based on that.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  11. Jun 27, 2006 #10
    Good point =)

12. Jun 27, 2006 #11

DM

Superb game!

13. Jun 28, 2006 #12
    Bad luck for Spain again :frown: . They were the best in their group, but Ukraine made it to the quarters :redface:, and France was struggling in their group but surprisingly played well yesterday :wink: .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?