Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spain vs France

1. Jun 27, 2006 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Clash of the titans! Superb game, and 1-1 at half time. Ribery had a superb finish, didn't he? I have a feeling, that Henry's gonna beat the offside trap soon. He's come close to beating it already. The winners of this game face Brazil!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Definitely a welcome change from the Ukraine/Switzerland game.

4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

EL

Science Advisor

Nice game. But Spain's offside traps are very dangerous. Probably some French midfielder coming from behind will score soon.

5. Jun 27, 2006 #4

EL

Science Advisor

...well it was a midfielder, but not the way I suspected. 2-1 Viera!
    (But didn't Henry act to get that freekick?)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  6. Jun 27, 2006 #5

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

3-1 thanks to Zizou and France are through to face Brazil! Yeah, I think Henry acted. He played very poorly again today, I think the french should sub him, like the dutch subbed van nistelrooy.

7. Jun 27, 2006 #6

EL

Science Advisor

..and that ended well...:wink: :uhh: :wink:

8. Jun 27, 2006 #7
    Great game, France are playing MUCH better... Could be an all European final...

9. Jun 27, 2006 #8
    Every time Zidan and Henry play together, Henry doesnt play as good as he can. I didnt think he played badly, but I have seen him do better...

10. Jun 27, 2006 #9
    That...game...was.. an atrocity!!

However, France are now back (I hope) to their former glory. A classic awaits between them and Brazil..

As for the dive from Henry; It is fair, to be honest. Torres did plenty of diving as well to get free kicks. It is harsh to degrade Henry based on that.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  11. Jun 27, 2006 #10
    Good point =)

12. Jun 27, 2006 #11

DM

Superb game!

13. Jun 28, 2006 #12
    Bad luck for Spain again :frown: . They were the best in their group, but Ukraine made it to the quarters :redface:, and France was struggling in their group but surprisingly played well yesterday :wink: .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?