The Dioxin Incident: President Yushchenko Wins Election Despite Being Poisoned

• Thread starter courtrigrad
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the current event of the dioxin incident in which the president of Ukraine, Yushchenko, won the election despite being poisoned with dioxin. The incident left Yushchenko with a disfigured face and he had to sleep all day to recover. The doctors administered medicine and the citizens applauded Yushchenko's victory in the election.
courtrigrad
Hello all

I have an assignment to write about a current event and include 8 verbs in the past tense. I chose to do the dioxin incident. Any help is appreciated in editing my piece
El presidente de Ucrania ____________ los elecciones Yushchenko ________ muchos votos de la población. Otros personas __________ el presidente con dioxin. En realidad, Yushchenko ________ êl sopa cuando cuándo él llegó a ser enfermo.

La cara de Yushchenko _________ muy feo. Él ___________ todo el día para recuperar. Los médicos ___________ la medicina. Los ciudadanos _____ cuándo Yushchenko ganó la elección .

verbs include: ganar, recibir, envenenado, comer | ir, dormir, administre, aplaudido

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
1) not all of the "verbs" you lsited are in fact verbs. (they have verb forms, but that's not my point).
2) last time i checked, if you're just using preterite tense, any textbook will have a chart telling you exactly how to conjugate the verbs (none of those are irregular, so its prettty simple.)

fill in those blanks, then ask for help editing.

does that parragraph was given to you by your teacher? it has already many errors

Last edited:
fisipavia said:
does that parragraph was given to you by your teacher? it has already many errors

No, lo escribio.

Le dije que necesita completarlo si quisiera nuestra ayuda, porque no puedo comprender lo que quiere decir exactamente.

El presidente de Ucrania _ganó_los elecciones Yushchenko _recibió_ muchos votos de la población. Otros personas __envenenaron__ el presidente con dioxin. En realidad, Yushchenko __comió_ êl sopa cuando cuándo él llegó a ser enfermo.

La cara de Yushchenko __fue_ muy feo. Él __durmió_ todo el día para recuperar. Los médicos _administraban_ la medicina. Los ciudadanos _aplaudieron_ cuándo Yushchenko ganó la elección .

Duffy

What is the Dioxin Incident?

The Dioxin Incident refers to the poisoning of Ukrainian presidential candidate Viktor Yushchenko in 2004. He was intentionally given a large dose of dioxin, a highly toxic chemical, which resulted in severe health consequences.

Who was responsible for the poisoning?

The exact culprit of the poisoning is still unknown, but it is believed that the Ukrainian government or individuals within it were behind the attack. Yushchenko's political opponents were also considered as potential suspects.

What were the effects of the poisoning on Yushchenko?

The poisoning caused Yushchenko to experience severe health issues, including facial disfigurement, liver damage, and nerve damage. He also suffered from chronic pain, digestive problems, and had to undergo multiple surgeries.

Did the poisoning affect the outcome of the election?

The poisoning received widespread media attention and sympathy for Yushchenko, which likely played a role in his victory in the presidential election. However, it is impossible to determine the exact impact of the incident on the election results.

What was the aftermath of the Dioxin Incident?

The Dioxin Incident brought attention to corruption in Ukrainian politics and led to increased scrutiny and protests against the government. It also raised concerns about the use of chemical weapons in political attacks. Yushchenko's health was also significantly impacted, and he continues to experience health issues related to the poisoning.

Back