1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spatial Velocity

1. Jul 25, 2005 #1
    Hello..
    I'm having some trouble understanding the meaning of the trem "spatial velocity". I'm working on ECG and i need to understand what "spatial velocity" means. I have already read things about velocity and i'm thinking if spatial velocity is the same as "group velocity". Does anybody know if these terms refer to the same thing ?

Thnk u..

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2005 #2
    Hi Al,

I have the same doubt. I found this article ("http://www.iss.it/publ/anna/2003/2/392195.pdf") that specifies "P spatial velocity" as "the rate of change of the P wave voltage with respect to time". Because of that I believe the spatial velocity is the rate of change of the ECG wave with respect to time. If you have a wave being sampling (with samples 1, 2, 3, 4,... i-1, i, i+1, ..., n), with delta_time between the samples, the spatial velocity vector would be SV(i)=(ECG(i+1)-ECG(i-1))/(2*delta_time).
    I am not sure, but I believe it is something like that. If you already discovered please let me know.

Regards,
    Tito

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?