Calculating Beats in a Room with Multiple Speakers and Moving Student

• Thread starter DDS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Speaker
In summary, a student walking at a uniform rate of 1.67 m/s along the length of a room where two identical speakers are being driven by the same oscillator at 464 Hz will hear a number of beats per second that can be found using the formula Fbeat = (2*f*u)/v, where f is the frequency of the oscillator and u is the student's speed. The value of v, which represents the speed of sound, is needed to calculate the number of beats per second.
DDS
A speaker at the front of a room and an identical speaker at the rear of the room are being driven by the same oscillator at 464 Hz. A student walks at a uniform rate of 1.67 m/s along the length of the room. How many beats does the student hear per second?

I have gotten this far its just i don't know where to go from here..simply i don't no how to find v, is it just speed of sound ??

F=464 Hz
u=1.67 m/s

Flow=f(1-u/v)
Fhi= f(1+u/v)

Fbeat=/ Fhi - Flow / = (2*f*u)/v

Whats v??

Physics news on Phys.org
does anyone know how to determine the value of v

nvm i got it

What are Speaker Beats?

Speaker beats refer to the phenomenon of two speakers playing slightly different frequencies that overlap and create an audible pulsating effect.

How do Speaker Beats work?

Speaker beats work by playing two sound waves with slightly different frequencies. When these waves overlap, they create interference patterns that result in a pulsating or beating sound.

What is the purpose of Speaker Beats?

The purpose of Speaker Beats is to create a more immersive and dynamic listening experience. It can also be used for relaxation and meditation purposes.

Can Speaker Beats improve brain function?

Some studies suggest that listening to speaker beats can improve brain function, such as focus and memory. However, more research is needed to fully understand the effects of speaker beats on the brain.

Are there any potential risks associated with Speaker Beats?

There are no known risks associated with speaker beats. However, individuals who are prone to seizures or have a history of seizures should avoid listening to speaker beats. It is always best to consult with a medical professional before trying any new auditory experiences.