Designing an Amplifier Circuit with Single Source

In summary, the speaker circuit in the given circuit design requires a symmetrical +Ve and -Ve supply. The problem is that the speaker circuit needs to be connected to a single +Ve supply. Some possible solutions for this issue include biasing the amplifier's output to half of +Ve and putting the speaker between the two emitter terminals. However, this solution may result in no voltage across the speaker terminals. Other solutions may also exist.
Em Jay
hi ..

i am doing a poject for my college and .. i design the amplifier

but when i connect to the speaker circuit ...of cource u konw it

npn and pnp transistor ..

the proplem is that i have to get to source on +ve and _ve

is there any circuit that i can have the right signal
with one cource

i need a help over here so...

i waiting ..

this the circuit i need an alternative of the last part

http://www.shbka.net/uploads/104012010156102734.jpg

my regards ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Your message is not very clear. Some words seem to be missing. Could you please try posting it again.

Try as hard as you can to write clearly and please check your spelling.

Em Jay said:
hi ..

i am doing a poject for my college and .. i design the amplifier

but when i connect to the speaker circuit ...of cource u konw it

npn and pnp transistor ..

the proplem is that i have to get to source on +ve and _ve

is there any circuit that i can have the right signal
with one cource

i need a help over here so...

i waiting ..

this the circuit i need an alternative of the last part

http://www.shbka.net/uploads/104012010156102734.jpg

my regards ..

I think maybe you're asking how to convert this circuit to work with just a positive +Ve supply and ground, with no symmetrical -Ve supply?

If so, just bias up the amp's output to half of +Ve. There are several ways to do this. Can you suggest at least two of the ways?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah .. some one told me to put the speaker between the two Emitter ..but when i did that there are no volt a cross the speaker terminal ..

but can put the circuit here ...

1. How do I calculate the gain of an amplifier circuit?

The gain of an amplifier circuit can be calculated by dividing the output voltage by the input voltage. This can be done using the formula: Gain = Vout/Vin.

2. What is the difference between a single source amplifier and a multistage amplifier?

A single source amplifier consists of only one amplifying element, while a multistage amplifier uses multiple amplifying elements connected together to increase the overall gain. In a single source amplifier, the entire amplification process takes place in one stage, whereas a multistage amplifier has multiple stages of amplification.

3. How do I choose the appropriate components for designing an amplifier circuit?

The choice of components for an amplifier circuit depends on the desired gain, input and output impedance, bandwidth, and other specifications. It is important to select components that can handle the desired input and output levels without distortion and have suitable frequency response characteristics.

4. What is the purpose of feedback in an amplifier circuit?

Feedback in an amplifier circuit is used to regulate the gain and improve the stability of the circuit. It involves feeding a portion of the output signal back to the input, which helps to reduce distortion and increase overall performance.

5. How can I minimize noise in an amplifier circuit?

Noise in an amplifier circuit can be minimized by using high-quality components, minimizing the length of signal paths, and proper grounding techniques. Additionally, using shielding and filtering techniques can also help to reduce noise in an amplifier circuit.