1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Specific Heat: Chemistry

1. Jun 4, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am unable to find the specific heat of certain substances. Examples of such substances are: Sucrose, Citric Acid, and Trinitrotoluene. I need one source for the information in this data, and I am unable to obtain it using a search engine. Is there anyone who actually indeed might have this data or know of a site to be able to find the specific heat for these substances?

2. Relevant equations

(Equations are simple to figure out once I have the specific heat of the three substances)

3. The attempt at a solution

Using a search engine, as well as trying to use my chemistry book. My teacher is of no help since she wanted us to do this on our own.

*Any help is appreciated*
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2007 #2
    Why aren't you allowed to look up constant values?
  4. Jun 4, 2007 #3

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Atropine asks:
    The source which you want is a handbook of chemistry & physics. college and public libraries have them.
  5. Jun 5, 2007 #4
    The CRC handbook might be your best bet because I don't think the Merck Index has it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?