Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Specific OS POll

1. Windows 95

0 vote(s)
  2. Windows 98

5 vote(s)
  3. Windows ME

0 vote(s)
  4. Windows 2000

1 vote(s)
  5. Windows XP

7 vote(s)
  1. May 21, 2003 #1
    I have some questions about computer users settings and specs, so I'll use here as my audience, if it isn't minded.

Earlier a poll on OS was done. Since most users fell into two broad catagories, I'm interested to see the specifics of those two.

Please post the OS you use the most. If your office and work are different, I think posting the lesser of the two would be better, because I really wanna see who uses win 95 and 98 versus the higher end ones. SO post the lower of the two if they're different.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2003 #2
    At home I'm currently using Windows XP Pro. At uni I use Windows 2000 or the monstrous Unix network, which has more storage than the rest of the world put together (well, maybe not quite that much).
  4. May 22, 2003 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

this might be better in the technology forum
  5. May 22, 2003 #4
    I wasn't sure where it'd go. Ya can move it if ya want!
  6. May 22, 2003 #5
    Then people get post counts, I don't think polls and general questions should get to count towards posts, anyways...

I chose Windows 98 because my dad doesn't like XP, or 2K, or linux:frown: When I go to college I'm switching to XP and probably dual-booting with linux.
  7. May 22, 2003 #6

well the best is win98 ... i like it...
    if i need a lot of memory i go to winxp (these tow or on one of my HDD)
    on the other one i have win ME and 2k but usually i work on the first hdd
  8. May 22, 2003 #7
    win98 seems horrendous to me compared to XP (pro) which I'm on now.
  9. May 22, 2003 #8
    This should be in technology if you have question about computer users settings and specs... I suppose it is up to zero though but it fits much better in tech.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?