Overcoming Lack of Focus in Core Subjects: Tips and Strategies

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Specific
In summary, the person is struggling to focus on their core subjects such as Physics and Maths, but finds themselves more interested in other subjects such as Psychology, Sociology, Economics, and Cosmology. They are asking for help to increase their focus and mentions that this is a common issue. They also mention that they want to be successful in their career and suggests studying higher physics outside of their syllabus.
heman
Guys i have got a kinda specific Problem.Everythig except my core subjects seem to interest me like Psychology,Sociology,Economics,Cosmology...once i sit at studying them i can spend hours and hours ...but when it comes to study my own core subjects like Physics,Maths i don't feel interest or my Focus remains a kind of weak...What i want to say...this thing happens with me that if i will take Psychology as my core subject my interest in it will minimize and if Physics or Mths are discarded as my core subjects then my interest in them will maximize automatically...
i really need to increase my Focus but could not really do it exactly..
i hope u guys helps..

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't be sad about that.I feel this is common to everybody.I too experienced the same problem when I was studying for Entrance examination.I used to read higher physics,but never liked to study examination topics.As a computer enginner in IIT you must be thorough with Maths and Physics.I will help you in future.Now a days,Physics cannot improve without Engineering.You will be outstanding in your career , if you know basic sciences well expecially Physics and Biology.So you try to study higher physics (out of syllabus).Then you will feel it interesting.

Best wishes
Thomas Mathew

Ineterst...ahhh Somehow fades away

1. What are some common signs of a lack of focus in core subjects?

Some common signs of a lack of focus in core subjects include difficulty paying attention, easily distracted, low motivation, poor time management, and forgetfulness.

2. How can I improve my focus in core subjects?

Some strategies for improving focus in core subjects include setting clear goals, creating a study schedule, eliminating distractions, taking breaks, and seeking help from a tutor or teacher.

3. What role does organization play in overcoming a lack of focus in core subjects?

Organization plays a crucial role in overcoming a lack of focus in core subjects. Having a well-organized study space, notes, and materials can help minimize distractions and improve productivity.

4. How can I stay motivated to focus on my core subjects?

Staying motivated to focus on core subjects can be challenging, but some tips include finding a study buddy, setting small achievable goals, rewarding yourself for completing tasks, and reminding yourself of the long-term benefits of staying focused.

5. What should I do if I continue to struggle with focus in core subjects despite trying different strategies?

If you continue to struggle with focus in core subjects, it may be helpful to seek guidance from a teacher, tutor, or counselor. They can provide personalized strategies and support to help you overcome your difficulties.