1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spectrum and energies

1. Mar 25, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Prepare a table of spectral lines by color, with correct wavelengths, and corresponding energies for every line spectrum you observed. Pick one line spectrum and explain the order of color from least to most energetic

2. Relevant equations

I'm not quite sure what to do here. I emailed my professor and he was of no help. Does it sound like I am to prepare a generic spectra or one that corresponds to my data? Also, how many energy answers am I suppose to have for each spectra.

3. The attempt at a solution

I attempted to make the data table based on my data rather than a generic spectra. Also, I took the initial wavelength and used it to find energy in Joules and subtracted that from the final wavelength's energy to come up up with my final answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

You took spectra as part of some experiment, I guess, and you have some experimental data lying on your desk (I guess)? Use them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook