1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Speed along the sides of the anngle of their points of intersection with the ruler?

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A right-angle is drawn on a sheet of paper. A ruler , which always remains perpendicular to the bisectrix of this angle moves over the paper with a speed 10cm/sec. The ends of the ruler intersect the sides of the angle. What are the speeds along the sides of the angle of their points of intersection with the ruler?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I'm not asking anyone to give me a solutions I am just having difficulty picturing the physical scenario described in the question
    1) Am I right to assume it means a right angle with legs parallel to the sides of the paper?
    2) I don't understand what bisectrix means if not bisector and if so then how is the ruler perpendicular to the bisectrix and what is the bisectrix?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

hi teddyayalew! :smile:

bisector and bisectrix are the same, bisectrix is the female version, and apparently lines are feminine!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook