Counting Time: Can Someone Help?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time and how to calculate it using the equation t = s/v. It also includes the conversion of 0.45 hours to minutes in order to determine the amount of time it would take to travel 45 kilometers at a speed of 100 kilometers per hour.
nonstop
I have very disappointed myself. I am forgot how count time, if car drives example 45 km(kilometre) distance and it's speed is 100km/h ( kilometre per hour). How i know what is time?

equation is

t = s/v (t = time, s = distance and v = speed)

and now equation is

t = 45km / 100km/h
t = 0,45h?

How i know this (0,45h) what is exactly time? Can somebody count this for me?

Physics news on Phys.org
nonstop said:
I have very disappointed myself. I am forgot how count time, if car drives example 45 km(kilometre) distance and it's speed is 100km/h ( kilometre per hour). How i know what is time?

equation is

t = s/v (t = time, s = distance and v = speed)

and now equation is

t = 45km / 100km/h
t = 0,45h?

How i know this (0,45h) what is exactly time? Can somebody count this for me?
Do you mean convert this to minutes?

You have 0.45h, there are 60 minutes to an hour, so 60 * 0.45 = 27minutes.

I don't understand your problem. Yes it would take .45 hr or .45hr * 60min/hr = 27min to travel 45km at 100km/h.

1. How is time measured?

Time is measured using a unit called seconds, which is based on the frequency of a specific energy transition in the element cesium. This measurement is called the International System of Units (SI) definition of the second.

2. Can time be counted accurately?

Yes, time can be counted accurately using various instruments such as atomic clocks, which can measure time to the nanosecond level.

3. Why is time so difficult to understand?

Time can be difficult to understand because it is a concept that is not tangible and can be perceived differently by different individuals. Additionally, time is relative and can be affected by factors such as gravity and velocity.

4. Can someone help me understand how to count time?

Yes, there are many resources available to help understand how to count time, such as books, online tutorials, and classes. It is also helpful to practice counting time using different methods and instruments.

5. How does daylight saving time affect time counting?

Daylight saving time is a system used to adjust the time by one hour in order to make better use of daylight. It can affect time counting by changing the time displayed on clocks and watches, but it does not change the actual measurement of time.