Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Speed reading program or website

1. Mar 12, 2007 #1
    well I'm not really happy with my reading speed, i don't have trouble understanding what I'm reading at all (I took a couple of tests to make sure my comprehension is good -- because, if it's not, then increasing reading speed would only be detrimental -- and i get 100% comprehension always, even when i strain to read as fast as I can get my eyes to read without skimming)... so my problem is with the actual act of reading.

my reading speed is not bad, but it's not great either and i always find myself wishing i could read whatever i'm reading faster... kind of like watching a movie at half the speed, it gets frustrating.

i've heard good things about eyeq, but i was wondering if there are any other options, or maybe even free options.

I'm a Mac user, so it would have to be available for mac, or it could be a flash/java program on a website.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted