Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spell & Grammar

1. Mar 27, 2004 #1
    Admin,

Can you add spell & grammar tools in "new post" section?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2004 #2
    I'm willing to provide the system we use at HiveMail as a hack for vBulletin, if the owners wish.

4. Mar 27, 2004 #3
    Speaking of which, when will hivemail be compatible with vb3? I would like to get it for PF.

5. Mar 27, 2004 #4
    We're going to release 1.3 final soon which will be compatible with vB3 final. :smile:

6. Mar 27, 2004 #5
    Very good! Can you PM me once it hits the market?

ok back to the topic, I will look into spelling check solutions. Chen do you have a spelling hack for hivemail that woulbe be easy to port over here or do you actually have vb3 spelling check hack?

7. Mar 27, 2004 #6
    HiveMail 1.3 actually includes a spelling feature, althought it "independent" in that it doesn't use any external libraries to perform the spell checking. It's actually pretty damn fast, but if you have access to install pspell or aspell on this server you should probably use those. As for the interface, you can easily rip HiveMail's and just change the underlying code to make calls to the libraries instead of checking the words through PHP.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?