Twin Paradox & Neutron Speeds: Questions Explored

In summary: However, from the frame of the photon, the light will appear to be stationary. This is due to the effects of time dilation and length contraction at such high speeds.
Hepic
I have make many threads about this topic because I am really interested. I reading that from an pdf,but I have some "idiot" questions too.

1)A guy told me that If you run in other speed from an other you see his clock slower.
I have hear about paradox of twins,that this with biggest speed grows slower.
Then how is possible to see the clock of his "old"(that grows faster) to go slower from him??

2)If we are a neutron,and we run between a photon with 99% of its speed,how we would see that?
(it will be the same?We would see that run with 300.000 km/s or with 1% of its speed?)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hepic said:
1)A guy told me that If you run in other speed from an other you see his clock slower.
I have hear about paradox of twins,that this with biggest speed grows slower.
Then how is possible to see the clock of his "old"(that grows faster) to go slower from him??

This should explain it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox
The basic explanation is found in the very first paragraph, with more detail in the rest of the article.

2)If we are a neutron,and we run between a photon with 99% of its speed,how we would see that?
(it will be the same?We would see that run with 300.000 km/s or with 1% of its speed?)

From the frame of the neutron the light will move at c. (300,000 Km/s)

1. What is the Twin Paradox?

The Twin Paradox is a thought experiment in which one twin travels through space at near the speed of light while the other twin stays on Earth. When the traveling twin returns, they are younger than the twin who stayed on Earth. This is due to the effects of time dilation, where time moves slower for objects traveling at high speeds.

2. How does the Twin Paradox relate to Einstein's theory of relativity?

The Twin Paradox highlights one of the key principles of Einstein's theory of relativity, which is that time is relative and can be affected by factors such as speed and gravity. The traveling twin experiences time differently due to their high speed, which is in line with Einstein's theory.

3. Can both twins experience the same amount of time passing?

No, due to the effects of time dilation, the twin traveling at high speeds will experience time passing slower than the twin who stays on Earth. This is a consequence of Einstein's theory of relativity and has been proven through experiments with atomic clocks on airplanes and satellites.

4. How does the speed of neutrons tie into the Twin Paradox?

The speed of neutrons is a factor in the Twin Paradox because it is an example of how time dilation can occur in real-world scenarios. Neutrons traveling at high speeds have been observed to have longer lifetimes than neutrons at rest, which is another demonstration of the effects of time dilation.

5. Can the Twin Paradox be observed in real life?

While the Twin Paradox is a thought experiment, its principles have been observed and confirmed through experiments such as the Hafele-Keating experiment, which involved atomic clocks on airplanes. However, in order to observe the Twin Paradox in a real-life scenario, we would need to travel at extremely high speeds, which is currently not possible with our current technology.