Sphere to Sphere or partical Colition

• Thread starter Zezba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sphere
In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in programming a perfect sphere to sphere collision method. They have made progress in implementing velocity and location for each sphere, but are struggling with preventing the spheres from compressing into each other. They are looking for resources or techniques on how to achieve this, specifically in the context of game programming. They also mention wanting the spheres to form a perfect crystal, which may require further research into simulated annealing. Overall, they are seeking help and have provided a visual representation and executable file for reference.
Zezba
Im trying to program a perfect sphere to sphere colition method.
What I have so far is every sphere has a velocity force and location. I have every shpere interacting perfectly with each other, the only thing I want is for the spheres not to be able to become compresed like jello. Does anyone know of any sites that explane how to do anything related to this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Example

This is what I have or what it looks like:
SphereToSphereIs.jpg

This is what I whant to happen or it to look like:
SphereToSphereWant.jpg

Oh dear, you want an algorithm for the evolution of such a creature?
Sweet dreams..

OK dood...

Are you saying its imposible or somthin, because if you are I got to say you dount have much gut.

I don't think it will be that easy. To prevent the spheres from merging into each other you need some sort of collision detection. This has been used extensively in computer games, so you should be able to find something about it on the web. To get the spheres to form a perfect crystal is more tricky - in real life as well as in the simulation. You might want to look into 'simulated annealing'

Well at least someone knows what I am asking, thanks "chronon".
Im acculy doing this for game programing I jest thot it would be a good idea to try asking a physics ? on a physics forum.

Anyway here are is a nother pict:
Apliction.jpg

And here is the EXE of the pict at my geocities site:
Physics.zip

What is a sphere to sphere collision?

A sphere to sphere collision occurs when two spherical objects collide with each other, resulting in a transfer of energy and momentum between them.

What factors affect the outcome of a sphere to sphere collision?

The outcome of a sphere to sphere collision is affected by factors such as the masses and velocities of the objects, as well as the elasticity and angle of impact.

Can the conservation of energy be applied to sphere to sphere collisions?

Yes, the conservation of energy can be applied to sphere to sphere collisions. In a closed system, the total energy before and after the collision remains constant.

What happens when two spheres with different masses collide?

When two spheres with different masses collide, the larger and heavier sphere will experience less change in velocity compared to the smaller and lighter sphere. This is due to the conservation of momentum.

How can the outcomes of sphere to sphere collisions be predicted?

The outcomes of sphere to sphere collisions can be predicted using mathematical equations and principles such as Newton's laws of motion and the conservation of momentum and energy.