1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SPIDERS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. Apr 19, 2005 #1
    SPIDERS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it says at the bottom of the home page when you log in that there is x members, x nonmembers, and x SPIDERS AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!1

i do not like spiders, and how can they be in the forums

OK seriously, whar do the spiders do.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Apr 19, 2005 #3
    The spiders are just feed that give the gerbals energy on the wheel that powers the server here.

5. Apr 19, 2005 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

ive read a memo from Greg that said something along the lines of "bring your own spiders"

6. Apr 19, 2005 #5
    DO YOU MEAN I HAVE SPIDERS ON ME??????? :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :surprised :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
    GET THEM OFF, GET THEM OFF :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    AHHHHHHH :surprised :surprised :surprised

7. Apr 19, 2005 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Have you noticed that most of them SLURP as well?
    That was unsettling to me the first time I became aware of them..

8. Apr 20, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I still find it unsettling! I can't get any sleep with all that noise they make slurping all night long! :bugeye:

9. Apr 20, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

:uhh: Yeah, that's right... it's spiders... :rolleyes:

10. Apr 20, 2005 #9
    I say that we stomp on the spiders.

Fibonacci

11. Apr 21, 2005 #10
    :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
    Sleep because they are slupping. Ha! You are the one slurping, that is on the spiders. :surprised You eat 14 spiders a year while you sleep :zzz: . :surprised

*cringes* :frown:
    *reminds himself to buy mouth covering*
    *thinks about why he needs mouth covering* :frown:
    *starts to shake*
    *passes ou

*THUD*

12. Apr 21, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you ever wondered how anyone came up with that number? Was someone videotaping a year's worth of people sleeping? Or did they just know someone who swallowed a spider once while sleeping and decided to extrapolate that data to the remaining months of the year? I think it's more likely you eat 14 spiders a year in your canned produce or other processed foods. Of course you may not be eating them one whole spider at a time, more like a leg here and an eye there. :yuck:

13. Apr 21, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Make sure Evo sees this; maybe it'll scare her into not <snorting> in her sleep any more. :biggrin:
    I know that I don't eat any. Even if I'm asleep, my 'spidey' sense works overtime. If there's a spider anywhere near me, I know it and react with blind panic. :yuck:

14. Apr 21, 2005 #13
    I read somewhere that the US national limit is 2 grasshoppers per jar of peanut butter.

15. Apr 21, 2005 #14

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

MMMMmmmm, even more for the chunky style, my favorite.

16. Apr 21, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Well, thanks. Chunky style was my favorite, until now. :grumpy:

17. Apr 21, 2005 #16

Serves you right for eating that crap.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?