Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SPIDERS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. Apr 19, 2005 #1
    SPIDERS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it says at the bottom of the home page when you log in that there is x members, x nonmembers, and x SPIDERS AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!1

i do not like spiders, and how can they be in the forums

OK seriously, whar do the spiders do.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Apr 19, 2005 #3
    The spiders are just feed that give the gerbals energy on the wheel that powers the server here.

5. Apr 19, 2005 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

ive read a memo from Greg that said something along the lines of "bring your own spiders"

6. Apr 19, 2005 #5
    DO YOU MEAN I HAVE SPIDERS ON ME??????? :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :surprised :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
    GET THEM OFF, GET THEM OFF :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    AHHHHHHH :surprised :surprised :surprised

7. Apr 19, 2005 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Have you noticed that most of them SLURP as well?
    That was unsettling to me the first time I became aware of them..

8. Apr 20, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I still find it unsettling! I can't get any sleep with all that noise they make slurping all night long! :bugeye:

9. Apr 20, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

:uhh: Yeah, that's right... it's spiders... :rolleyes:

10. Apr 20, 2005 #9
    I say that we stomp on the spiders.

Fibonacci

11. Apr 21, 2005 #10
    :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised
    Sleep because they are slupping. Ha! You are the one slurping, that is on the spiders. :surprised You eat 14 spiders a year while you sleep :zzz: . :surprised

*cringes* :frown:
    *reminds himself to buy mouth covering*
    *thinks about why he needs mouth covering* :frown:
    *starts to shake*
    *passes ou

*THUD*

12. Apr 21, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you ever wondered how anyone came up with that number? Was someone videotaping a year's worth of people sleeping? Or did they just know someone who swallowed a spider once while sleeping and decided to extrapolate that data to the remaining months of the year? I think it's more likely you eat 14 spiders a year in your canned produce or other processed foods. Of course you may not be eating them one whole spider at a time, more like a leg here and an eye there. :yuck:

13. Apr 21, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Make sure Evo sees this; maybe it'll scare her into not <snorting> in her sleep any more. :biggrin:
    I know that I don't eat any. Even if I'm asleep, my 'spidey' sense works overtime. If there's a spider anywhere near me, I know it and react with blind panic. :yuck:

14. Apr 21, 2005 #13
    I read somewhere that the US national limit is 2 grasshoppers per jar of peanut butter.

15. Apr 21, 2005 #14

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

MMMMmmmm, even more for the chunky style, my favorite.

16. Apr 21, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Well, thanks. Chunky style was my favorite, until now. :grumpy:

17. Apr 21, 2005 #16

Serves you right for eating that crap.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?