Usually we learnt to calculate (in this case, I learnt mostly in square/rectangular shapes), but I would like to ask how to we calculate spiral loadings? How would the load be transferred when the structure is in spiral shapes? Thanks!
Each different structure must be analysed independently by considering subsections of the total structure and their position in the structure.
The Chongming Bicycle Park, Shanghai? structure shown appears to have two helical (not spiral) tracks, being a left and a right hand helix that share a common wall. That gives it a crossed diagonal bracing internally. The internal walls and the external vertical columns carry the upper turns of the helix.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving