Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Split thread

1. Jun 13, 2004 #1
    I responded to Ulmo in the sci. Physics strings in regards to the Ekroptic scenario versus the cyclical universe.

I know this might be out of context of this thread but I saw it as a opportunity to place the question before you.

The idea is this?

What has come as somewhat as a problem to me, is how this distinction of continuity in this case might be spoken to with certainty (assuming energy levels are not discrete?), assuming a basis to the understanding of the cosmo in relation to Zero point Energy?

Hopefully I have found the right source, so that this might be spoken to from this perspective?

Regards

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2004 #2
    In my study, spacetime is discrete in its local motion. The continuity of spacetime is the symmetry of this motion. That is to say between two spactime points, there is no experimental setup that can determine absolutely which one of the points is moving.
    They could both be moving. The idea of motion can be described as follow: one point moves there and another point moves here as vacated by the previous point.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?