Is there an application that fully divides desktop sessions on Windows?

In summary, Mr Russinovich's Desktop does not do a full split of session, which is what you want. There are other applications that can do this task.
trueo
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881

That Desktop application by Mark Russinovich helps create new session for desktop (4 in total) but it doesn't seem to be a full *split*. That is, processes created in one session are still alive or known in another session. Do you know a similar application for windows that does a full division of session for me to play with ? Thank you a lot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
To clarify what I mean to do, I would like to use an application that connects to a remote server; usually, without this sort of session split, the server will report an error of an already_process_is_being_run, so it will ask me to close that application instance before starting a new one. Mr Russinovich's Desktop *almost* passes this sort of server check yet it fails in the end with the same cause as that of mono-session clients.

one idea is to use a virtual machine program such as VirtualBox to emulate multiple computers on the same single computer. allowing multiple processors running at the same time from the same computer. each virtual machine has its own IP address so the server should not throw errors.

I currently use this program at RMIT University to emulate a server and 3 clients on one machine to virtually run a closed internal network, the program also allows you to use host controller meaning you can use the virtual machines in relation with physical machines, eg. virtual server with physical clients.

Unsure if this is exactly what your after (this is resource intensive)

You can also save states on the virtual machines, this is usefull for trialware as you can save your files externally(on the host computer) and then go back to when you had 30 days trial (before you install the software)

there are obviously a lot more applications you can use this type of program for but it does the job for me, allows me to screw around with a server without actually damaging things, plus let's me save its state before i screw it up entirely.

1. What is splitting desktop session?

Splitting desktop session is a feature that allows you to divide your computer screen into multiple sections, allowing you to view and work on two or more applications at the same time. This is especially useful for multitasking and increasing productivity.

2. How do I split my desktop session?

To split your desktop session, you can either use the built-in feature on your operating system or download a third-party application. For example, on Windows, you can use the "Snap Assist" feature by dragging the window to the side of the screen. On Mac, you can use the "Split View" feature by clicking and holding the green full-screen button on the top left corner of the window.

3. Can I adjust the size of the split windows?

Yes, you can adjust the size of the split windows by dragging the border between the windows to resize them. Some applications also have their own resizing options, allowing you to customize the size of the windows according to your preference.

4. Can I split my desktop session on multiple monitors?

Yes, you can split your desktop session on multiple monitors. This feature is especially useful for users who have multiple monitors connected to their computer. You can split the windows on different monitors and switch between them easily.

5. What are the benefits of splitting desktop session?

Splitting desktop session has several benefits, including improved multitasking, increased productivity, and better organization. It allows you to work on multiple applications simultaneously without having to constantly switch between them. This can save time and make your workflow more efficient.