Is Quantum Entanglement Just Correlation or a Real Physical Process?

• Thread starter PlayUK
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the interpretation of the concept of entanglement and the violation of Bell's Inequalities in relation to quantum mechanics. The analogy of professor's socks is used to explain the idea of "spooky action at a distance" and the importance of understanding quantum mechanics without trying to apply classical physical mechanisms. The conversation also mentions Murray Gell-Mann and his book "The Quark and the Jaguar" as a reliable source for discussing this topic. The conversation ends with a mention of Bell test results and the accuracy of quantum mechanics in predicting experimental results.
WaveJumper said:
What orbits? I think you have misunderstood something as your question doesn't make sense.
That is probably right: I was thinking in terms of entangled particles within the atom. But you didn't mean that, ofcourse.

Physics news on Phys.org
WaveJumper said:
"What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world."

I guess this answers Einstein's question with a "No". .

Give us a break. Surely you don't think that all the constants in the universe have to be exactly their present values. As far as electrons "must lose energy continuously", maybe Maxwell's theory needs an adjustment. What if they 'remember' how much they 'use' and give it all up at once? How would anybody know? Maybe that could be part of how atoms decay.