Spooky Entanglement - Exploring Faster than Light Communication

In summary, a forum member has a question about spooky entanglement and is curious about how particles can affect each other even when separated by great distances. They mention a possible explanation of faster than light communication, but also propose the idea of another dimension being involved in the phenomenon. They provide a link to a discussion on quantum entanglement for further information.
FreeTinker
Hello everyone,

I recently found this forum and have a question about spooky entanglement. When I first heard of this I was very interested. How can changings in one particle effect another particle
even if they were separated by hundreds, thousands or even millions of miles. One explanation I heard was faster then light communication but how do they communicate and how can anything be faster then light. Since light particles are massless they are the fastest things in the universe with nothing being able to go faster. I on the other hand thought of something and would like to see if someone can give me their opinion. Could the reason they spooky entanglement accurs is due to another dimension. Could they be connect by another dimension which we are unable to sense. This could explain why changes in one particle efforts another particle.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is spooky entanglement?

Spooky entanglement, also known as quantum entanglement, is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle can affect the state of the other particle, even at great distances.

2. How does spooky entanglement allow for faster than light communication?

Spooky entanglement does not actually allow for faster than light communication. Despite the instantaneous connection between entangled particles, information cannot be transmitted faster than the speed of light due to the no-communication theorem.

3. Can spooky entanglement be used for practical applications?

While spooky entanglement has been successfully demonstrated in experiments, it has not yet been developed for practical applications. However, it has potential for use in secure communication and quantum computing.

4. How is spooky entanglement different from classical entanglement?

Classical entanglement refers to the correlation between two or more particles, while spooky entanglement involves a more complex and instantaneous connection between particles that can only be described through quantum mechanics.

5. What are the challenges in studying spooky entanglement?

One of the main challenges in studying spooky entanglement is the delicate and fleeting nature of entangled particles. They can easily become decohered or lose their entangled state, making it difficult to observe and manipulate them for extended periods of time.