1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sports Statistician

1. Dec 3, 2007 #1
    Just for the record I am a huge Los Angeles Angels fan and recently I have been considering a career in sports statistics. After a lot of thinking, I realize how cool it would be to be able to go to all the Angels games and keep track of all the players' stats. I research them on my own free time anyways so why not get paid to watch baseball and pursue your hobby? Anyways, I recently e-mailed the organization and asked them what kind of educational background one would need to land a job in sports statistics and I never got a reply so I was hoping somebody here might be able to answer my question. To become a sports statistician, would I need an undergraduate degree in statistics or would a pure mathematics degree be sufficient (It requires two courses in statistics)? Or if a math degree isn't enough, would a statistics minor be enough (I am considering that because it would only require three more classes)? This idea came to mind because I am not sure if I am cut out for grad school and I would like to have alternative options. Thanks a lot for your help!
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted