Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Spot 3 Mistskes

1. Aug 28, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    There are 3 big mistakes in this drawing and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me find out exactly what those are. Thank you.

2. Relevant equations
    Since I am new to engineering drawings, I can only make assumptions and would really appreciate if I am corrected rather than mocked.

3. The attempt at a solution
    As far as I am concerned
    1- The vertical line should be of a different format as it would not allow rotation if they are the same.
    2- It is unclear what the dimensions are (whether they are in millimeters or centimeters etc)
    3- The angles should have some negative deviations as well in addition to positive ones (if this one is incorrect, kindly explain it to me why)
    4- (=210=) Is this a valid format as I am pretty sure it is not.
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

• Drw.jpg
      Drw.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2012 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Only had a quick look but:

1) the length is 420 on the drawing but "L=364" on the Dimensions block at the bottom.
    2) I've not seen =210= used before but if it's a valid notation why isn't it =420= just below?
    3) Date/issue/version number?

4. Aug 28, 2012 #3

phinds

Gold Member

Uh ... one is that you misspelled mistakes :smile:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook