Help Me Solve My Engineering Drawing Mistakes!

In summary, the individual is seeking help in identifying three mistakes on an engineering drawing. They have listed some potential errors, including incorrect formatting of lines, unclear dimensions, and missing negative angle deviations. Another individual has pointed out some additional errors, such as discrepancies in the length and unclear notation for a specific measurement. They also mention the absence of a date or version number.
Johnny26

Homework Statement

There are 3 big mistakes in this drawing and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me find out exactly what those are. Thank you.

Homework Equations

Since I am new to engineering drawings, I can only make assumptions and would really appreciate if I am corrected rather than mocked.

The Attempt at a Solution

As far as I am concerned
1- The vertical line should be of a different format as it would not allow rotation if they are the same.
2- It is unclear what the dimensions are (whether they are in millimeters or centimeters etc)
3- The angles should have some negative deviations as well in addition to positive ones (if this one is incorrect, kindly explain it to me why)
4- (=210=) Is this a valid format as I am pretty sure it is not.

Attachments

• Drw.jpg
    Drw.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Only had a quick look but:

1) the length is 420 on the drawing but "L=364" on the Dimensions block at the bottom.
2) I've not seen =210= used before but if it's a valid notation why isn't it =420= just below?
3) Date/issue/version number?

Uh ... one is that you misspelled mistakes :smile:

1. What are some common engineering drawing mistakes?

Some common engineering drawing mistakes include incorrect dimensions, missing or incorrect tolerances, incorrect projection or view, and missing or incorrect annotations and notes.

2. How can I prevent making mistakes on my engineering drawings?

To prevent making mistakes on your engineering drawings, it is important to double check all dimensions, tolerances, and annotations before finalizing the drawing. Using a checklist or having someone else review the drawing can also help catch any errors.

3. What should I do if I discover a mistake on my engineering drawing?

If you discover a mistake on your engineering drawing, it is important to address it as soon as possible. Depending on the severity of the mistake, you may need to make corrections on the drawing or start a new drawing altogether.

4. Are there any software tools available to help me catch mistakes on my engineering drawings?

Yes, there are many software tools available that can help catch mistakes on engineering drawings. These tools often have features such as automatic dimensioning and tolerance checking to ensure accuracy.

5. Can mistakes on engineering drawings have serious consequences?

Yes, mistakes on engineering drawings can have serious consequences, especially in industries such as aerospace and construction. These mistakes can lead to costly rework, delays in production, and even safety hazards.