1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spot 3 Mistskes

1. Aug 28, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    There are 3 big mistakes in this drawing and I would really appreciate if anyone could help me find out exactly what those are. Thank you.

2. Relevant equations
    Since I am new to engineering drawings, I can only make assumptions and would really appreciate if I am corrected rather than mocked.

3. The attempt at a solution
    As far as I am concerned
    1- The vertical line should be of a different format as it would not allow rotation if they are the same.
    2- It is unclear what the dimensions are (whether they are in millimeters or centimeters etc)
    3- The angles should have some negative deviations as well in addition to positive ones (if this one is incorrect, kindly explain it to me why)
    4- (=210=) Is this a valid format as I am pretty sure it is not.
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

• Drw.jpg
      Drw.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2012 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Only had a quick look but:

1) the length is 420 on the drawing but "L=364" on the Dimensions block at the bottom.
    2) I've not seen =210= used before but if it's a valid notation why isn't it =420= just below?
    3) Date/issue/version number?

4. Aug 28, 2012 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Uh ... one is that you misspelled mistakes :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook