Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spray-on fake mud for SUVs and PUs

1. Jun 20, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.sprayonmud.com/index.html

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2005 #2
    I think it would be cheaper to actually just go through some mud.

4. Jun 20, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not if you have to drive much more then 10mi to get to the mud!

5. Jun 20, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pff, sand and water, who doesnt have that laying around???

6. Jun 20, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But Sprayonmud is a specially formulated!!!

7. Jun 20, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

lol! Yah, they add a gram of salt and call it a special formula :D

8. Jun 20, 2005 #7

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I bet it's dirt cheap too. :yuck:

9. Jun 20, 2005 #8

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I saw this the other day, only marketed slightly differently... The advert was saying how you should spray it all over your car, obscuring the number plates, so you can't get caught by speed cameras, but shouldn't get in trouble for deliberately covering them.
    I hope the stuff is gets banned here.

10. Jun 20, 2005 #9
    Thats a really convincing picture there too. real.... mud-like...

its funny though, my ex used to go off roading a lot, and him and his friends would get so mad if someone wiped away their mud. mud is very fashionable apparently..

11. Jun 20, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Geez, I must be so out-of-style. Here, I thought if you ran your vehicle through mud, the objective was to wash it off as soon as you got home or to the nearest car wash so the caked mud didn't ruin the paint job! Spraying on "mud" made out of sand must do a number on the paint. Talk about being a poser. Bad enough that people buy vehicles designed for off-road (or dirt road) use just to commute to work on paved highways, but now they even spray on the mud. Let's see, how could we get even less gas mileage out of those gas guzzlers? Oh, I have it, let's spray mud on and increase the drag even more. :rolleyes:

12. Jun 20, 2005 #11

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It just covers your number plates so you can't get Gatzoed.

13. Jun 20, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It doesn't matter if it's deliberate or not, you can still be pulled over and ticketed if your license plates are obscured, and I hope if people start doing that, that the cops crack down hard on them. It would serve them right! :devil:

14. Jun 20, 2005 #13

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah but the cameras wouldn't get you, and you'd still have a semi-plausible excuse.

15. Jun 20, 2005 #14
    Sweet! I am definitely going to buy some of this stuff.

These trends are quite sad indeed. Look at the faded jeans trend, or is it still going on? Or Jeans that purposely have holes/rips in them. Weird, if you ask me.

16. Jun 20, 2005 #15
    I like how in the picture on the website they are showing the license plate partially obscured. Besides it looks fake anyways almost like spraypaint.

17. Jun 20, 2005 #16
    I notice how on the site in the FAQ's they make it very clear that yes, it is illegal, but no, it is not "an offence for which you will attract an endorsement on your license." So that those who are thinking about obscuring the license plate but might otherwise be deterred by the legal warning, are told not to worry.

18. Jun 21, 2005 #17

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, the rozzers will just pull you over and tell you to sort it out, just like if you have one of those number plates with the stupid fancy letters, or you have a brake light out. Still, it protects you against speed cameras, which has got to be a bonus.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?