Spray-on fake mud for SUVs and PUs

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sprayonmud is a specially formulated spray-on product for anyone that wants to give friends, neighbours, colleagues or just anyone at all, the impression that they have been off-road or, at the very least, out in the country for the weekend.

If you’ve got a 4X4 or off-roader, Sprayonmud will send a message to anyone who disapproves or is just plain envious – you use your off-roader, off the road as well as on it [continued]
http://www.sprayonmud.com/index.html

I think it would be cheaper to actually just go through some mud.

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
KingNothing said:
I think it would be cheaper to actually just go through some mud.
Not if you have to drive much more then 10mi to get to the mud!

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Pff, sand and water, who doesnt have that laying around???

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Pff, sand and water, who doesnt have that laying around???
But Sprayonmud is a specially formulated!!!

Pengwuino

Gold Member
lol! Yah, they add a gram of salt and call it a special formula :D

honestrosewater

Gold Member
I bet it's dirt cheap too. :yuck:

matthyaouw

Gold Member
I saw this the other day, only marketed slightly differently... The advert was saying how you should spray it all over your car, obscuring the number plates, so you can't get caught by speed cameras, but shouldn't get in trouble for deliberately covering them.
I hope the stuff is gets banned here.

Thats a really convincing picture there too. real.... mud-like...

its funny though, my ex used to go off roading a lot, and him and his friends would get so mad if someone wiped away their mud. mud is very fashionable apparently..

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Geez, I must be so out-of-style. Here, I thought if you ran your vehicle through mud, the objective was to wash it off as soon as you got home or to the nearest car wash so the caked mud didn't ruin the paint job! Spraying on "mud" made out of sand must do a number on the paint. Talk about being a poser. Bad enough that people buy vehicles designed for off-road (or dirt road) use just to commute to work on paved highways, but now they even spray on the mud. Let's see, how could we get even less gas mileage out of those gas guzzlers? Oh, I have it, let's spray mud on and increase the drag even more. :rolleyes:

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gale17 said:
its funny though, my ex used to go off roading a lot, and him and his friends would get so mad if someone wiped away their mud. mud is very fashionable apparently..
It just covers your number plates so you can't get Gatzoed.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
matthyaouw said:
I saw this the other day, only marketed slightly differently... The advert was saying how you should spray it all over your car, obscuring the number plates, so you can't get caught by speed cameras, but shouldn't get in trouble for deliberately covering them.
It doesn't matter if it's deliberate or not, you can still be pulled over and ticketed if your license plates are obscured, and I hope if people start doing that, that the cops crack down hard on them. It would serve them right! :devil:

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
It doesn't matter if it's deliberate or not, you can still be pulled over and ticketed if your license plates are obscured, and I hope if people start doing that, that the cops crack down hard on them. It would serve them right! :devil:
Yeah but the cameras wouldn't get you, and you'd still have a semi-plausible excuse.

Sweet! I am definitely going to buy some of this stuff.

These trends are quite sad indeed. Look at the faded jeans trend, or is it still going on? Or Jeans that purposely have holes/rips in them. Weird, if you ask me.

I like how in the picture on the website they are showing the license plate partially obscured. Besides it looks fake anyways almost like spraypaint.

matthyaouw said:
I notice how on the site in the FAQ's they make it very clear that yes, it is illegal, but no, it is not "an offence for which you will attract an endorsement on your license." So that those who are thinking about obscuring the license plate but might otherwise be deterred by the legal warning, are told not to worry.

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
BicycleTree said:
I notice how on the site in the FAQ's they make it very clear that yes, it is illegal, but no, it is not "an offence for which you will attract an endorsement on your license." So that those who are thinking about obscuring the license plate but might otherwise be deterred by the legal warning, are told not to worry.
Yep, the rozzers will just pull you over and tell you to sort it out, just like if you have one of those number plates with the stupid fancy letters, or you have a brake light out. Still, it protects you against speed cameras, which has got to be a bonus.