Spray-on fake mud for SUVs and PUs

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I would like to add that in my experience, the product is not very effective.In summary, Sprayonmud is a specially formulated spray-on product that is meant to give the impression that the person who is using it has been off-road or, at the very least, out in the country for the weekend. It is dirt cheap and effective, but the trend of people spraying mud on their vehicles is a little sad.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sprayonmud is a specially formulated spray-on product for anyone that wants to give friends, neighbours, colleagues or just anyone at all, the impression that they have been off-road or, at the very least, out in the country for the weekend.

If you’ve got a 4X4 or off-roader, Sprayonmud will send a message to anyone who disapproves or is just plain envious – you use your off-roader, off the road as well as on it [continued]
http://www.sprayonmud.com/index.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it would be cheaper to actually just go through some mud.

KingNothing said:
I think it would be cheaper to actually just go through some mud.
Not if you have to drive much more then 10mi to get to the mud!

Pff, sand and water, who doesn't have that laying around?

Pengwuino said:
Pff, sand and water, who doesn't have that laying around?

But Sprayonmud is a specially formulated!

lol! Yah, they add a gram of salt and call it a special formula :D

I bet it's dirt cheap too. :yuck:

I saw this the other day, only marketed slightly differently... The advert was saying how you should spray it all over your car, obscuring the number plates, so you can't get caught by speed cameras, but shouldn't get in trouble for deliberately covering them.
I hope the stuff is gets banned here.

Thats a really convincing picture there too. real... mud-like...

its funny though, my ex used to go off roading a lot, and him and his friends would get so mad if someone wiped away their mud. mud is very fashionable apparently..

Geez, I must be so out-of-style. Here, I thought if you ran your vehicle through mud, the objective was to wash it off as soon as you got home or to the nearest car wash so the caked mud didn't ruin the paint job! Spraying on "mud" made out of sand must do a number on the paint. Talk about being a poser. Bad enough that people buy vehicles designed for off-road (or dirt road) use just to commute to work on paved highways, but now they even spray on the mud. Let's see, how could we get even less gas mileage out of those gas guzzlers? Oh, I have it, let's spray mud on and increase the drag even more. :rolleyes:

Gale17 said:
its funny though, my ex used to go off roading a lot, and him and his friends would get so mad if someone wiped away their mud. mud is very fashionable apparently..

It just covers your number plates so you can't get Gatzoed.

matthyaouw said:
I saw this the other day, only marketed slightly differently... The advert was saying how you should spray it all over your car, obscuring the number plates, so you can't get caught by speed cameras, but shouldn't get in trouble for deliberately covering them.
It doesn't matter if it's deliberate or not, you can still be pulled over and ticketed if your license plates are obscured, and I hope if people start doing that, that the cops crack down hard on them. It would serve them right! :devil:

Moonbear said:
It doesn't matter if it's deliberate or not, you can still be pulled over and ticketed if your license plates are obscured, and I hope if people start doing that, that the cops crack down hard on them. It would serve them right! :devil:

Yeah but the cameras wouldn't get you, and you'd still have a semi-plausible excuse.

Sweet! I am definitely going to buy some of this stuff.

These trends are quite sad indeed. Look at the faded jeans trend, or is it still going on? Or Jeans that purposely have holes/rips in them. Weird, if you ask me.

I like how in the picture on the website they are showing the license plate partially obscured. Besides it looks fake anyways almost like spraypaint.

matthyaouw said:
I notice how on the site in the FAQ's they make it very clear that yes, it is illegal, but no, it is not "an offence for which you will attract an endorsement on your license." So that those who are thinking about obscuring the license plate but might otherwise be deterred by the legal warning, are told not to worry.

BicycleTree said:
I notice how on the site in the FAQ's they make it very clear that yes, it is illegal, but no, it is not "an offence for which you will attract an endorsement on your license." So that those who are thinking about obscuring the license plate but might otherwise be deterred by the legal warning, are told not to worry.

Yep, the rozzers will just pull you over and tell you to sort it out, just like if you have one of those number plates with the stupid fancy letters, or you have a brake light out. Still, it protects you against speed cameras, which has got to be a bonus.

1. What is spray-on fake mud for SUVs and PUs?

Spray-on fake mud is a product designed to give the appearance of a rugged, off-road vehicle by coating the exterior with a layer of artificial mud.

2. How does spray-on fake mud work?

Spray-on fake mud is typically a mixture of water, clay, and other substances that are sprayed onto the vehicle's surface. Once it dries, it creates a layer of artificial mud that can be easily washed off.

3. Is spray-on fake mud safe for my vehicle?

Yes, spray-on fake mud is safe for your vehicle. It is specifically designed to be easily removed and will not damage your vehicle's paint or finish.

4. Can I remove spray-on fake mud if I change my mind?

Yes, spray-on fake mud can be easily removed with a hose or pressure washer. It is not permanent and can be washed off without causing any damage to your vehicle.

5. Is spray-on fake mud environmentally friendly?

The ingredients used in spray-on fake mud can vary, but many brands use natural materials such as clay and water. However, it is important to check the specific product's ingredients to determine its impact on the environment.