Spring Break in Moab, Utah: Mountain Unicycling and Biking

In summary, the speaker just returned from Moab, Utah where they attended MUnifest, a mountain unicycling event. They also did some mountain biking and may post pictures. They did not find any uranium ores but did drive past a superfund site removing old uranium mine tailings. The speaker also mentions that Moab is only 3.5 hours from their home. They also mention talking to Kris Holm and getting autographs from Kris and Dan Heaton. The speaker believes this may have been the last MUnifest.
binzing
Just got back from Moab, Utah this evening, where I'd been for the latter part of my break. Went to MUnifest (mountain unicycling) and did some mountain biking. Will try to get some pics up.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice, did you find any uranium ores there?

Ha, no. But we did drive past the UMTRA project, which is a superfund site that's removing old uranium mine tailings from a site that used to be a refinery, right along the Colorado river.

Moab is only about 3.5 hours from my home, by the way.

Oh man! I've wanted to go to MUnifest soo bad. How was it?

maze said:
Oh man! I've wanted to go to MUnifest soo bad. How was it?

It was pretty sick. Dan Heaton and Kris Holm showed up. I talked with Kris a little, casually, and my friend who actually can ride muni somewhat got his and Dan's autograph's. Some of those people are insane! I think this may have been the last one though, as the organizer was getting tired of it, and there's really no one to take his place.

1. What is mountain unicycling?

Mountain unicycling, also known as "muni," is a sport that involves riding a unicycle off-road on rough and uneven terrain. It requires a high level of balance, control, and physical fitness.

2. Is mountain unicycling difficult?

Yes, mountain unicycling can be quite challenging. It requires a lot of practice and skill to be able to ride on rocky and steep trails. However, with dedication and determination, it can be a rewarding and exhilarating experience.

3. What are the benefits of mountain unicycling?

Mountain unicycling is a great form of exercise that works your core, legs, and balance. It also provides a unique and thrilling way to explore nature and scenic landscapes. Additionally, it can help improve coordination and concentration skills.

4. What types of bikes are suitable for mountain unicycling?

There are specialized mountain unicycles designed for off-road riding, which typically have bigger tires and stronger frames to withstand rough terrain. However, some people also use regular unicycles with modifications for muni riding.

5. What is the best time of year to go mountain unicycling in Moab, Utah?

The best time to go mountain unicycling in Moab, Utah is typically in the spring and fall when the weather is mild and the trails are not too crowded. However, it can also be done in the summer, but be prepared for hot temperatures and potential thunderstorms.