Did You Capture the Beauty of Spring at Keukenhof?

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Spring
In summary, the conversation is about a recent trip to a place with spring weather in the northern hemisphere, specifically the Keukenhof gardens. The speaker shares their impressions and photos of the landscape and wildlife, including tulips and a crested grebe. They also mention sheltering the flowers and taking pictures in a greenhouse. They provide a link to download high-quality images of the trip.
Andre
Been there last week. It's true, it's spring in the northern hemisphere, sorry Australia.

Some impressions made with the full focal ranges of the lenses:

29qmlhs.jpg

91m1qb.jpg

2zf34li.jpg

I've considered to post this one in the landmark game, but a google for "tulips windmill" gives ridiculousy easy matches.

msgc46.jpg

Made the best shot ever of my favorite floating bird there, the crested grebe
2uysrvm.jpg

29qnqwy.jpg

wti242.jpg

11v2udx.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice. :smile:

Dang Andre. These photos are outstanding. I really like this one:

msgc46.jpg

Thank you for sharing.

Really gorgeous :!).

Sigh... I think you are a month or so ahead of me...

Could be, after a harsh and early start of the winter, it seemed to have ended early too. But temperatures are just normal for the time of the year. However the outdoor pictures show all rather early flowering species. The tulips in front of the mill are in a big flower pot and could have been sheltered in the greenhouse. Some pictures have been taken indoors in the big cold greenhouse.

Anyway here are a couple more pictures as processed RAW's on original size, fit to be printed on poster formats (total 31Mb):

http://rapidshare.com/files/455736458/keukenhof.zip

hit the button "slow download" after which I'm afraid you have to wait a minute or so. A tease, to encourage paying money to avoid that.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the Keukenhof?

The Keukenhof is a park located in the Netherlands, known as the "Garden of Europe." It is famous for its stunning displays of spring flowers, especially tulips.

2. When does the Keukenhof open?

The Keukenhof opens annually in mid-March and remains open for around 8 weeks, usually closing in mid-May. The exact opening and closing dates may vary slightly each year.

3. What types of flowers can be seen in the Keukenhof during spring?

The Keukenhof is home to over 7 million flower bulbs, including tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, and many more. Visitors can also see rare and unique varieties of these flowers in the park.

4. How big is the Keukenhof?

The Keukenhof covers an area of 32 hectares (79 acres) and is divided into different themed gardens, pavilions, and exhibits. It is a popular destination for tourists and receives over 1 million visitors each year.

5. What makes the Keukenhof special during spring?

Spring is the best time to visit the Keukenhof because that is when the flowers are in full bloom, creating a colorful and picturesque landscape. The park also hosts various events and activities during this time, making it a perfect destination for a day trip or a weekend getaway.