Spring loaded door pusher for Chamber

In summary: Name]In summary, a scientist with mechanical engineering expertise suggests using a spring-loaded door sealing mechanism for a new Parts Cleaning Machine. The scientist also recommends conducting experiments or calculations to determine the appropriate spring strength and size, as well as considering a latch or locking mechanism for added security. Overall, the snapshots provided by the individual show that similar machines on Youtube also use spring-loaded doors.
kunalv
Hello.

I manufacture Parts Cleaning Machines. I have hit a small obstacle in designing a new machine in which I have to push the door of a chamber from front in order to obtain a perfect seal (for vacuum & to prevent leaks).

Some research on the internet has led me to videos of similar machines on Youtube. I have enclosed snapshots of the same for reference.

I believe they are spring loaded, but I can't seem to find a proper reference.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KV

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2015-03-19-11h42m32s125.png
    vlcsnap-2015-03-19-11h42m32s125.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 560
  • vlcsnap-2015-03-19-11h42m51s100.png
    vlcsnap-2015-03-19-11h42m51s100.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 505
Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello KV,

Thank you for reaching out to the scientific community for assistance with your design obstacle. I am a scientist with experience in mechanical engineering and I would be happy to offer some suggestions for your door sealing mechanism.

Based on the snapshots you provided, it does appear that the doors on similar machines are spring loaded. This type of mechanism is commonly used in various applications to create a secure seal, as the spring provides a constant force to keep the door closed tightly. In order to determine the specific type and size of spring needed for your machine, I would recommend conducting some experiments or calculations to determine the force required to create a perfect seal. This will help you select the appropriate spring strength and size for your door.

Additionally, you may want to consider using a latch or locking mechanism in conjunction with the spring to ensure the door remains closed during operation. This will provide an extra layer of security to prevent leaks.

I hope this information helps you in your design process. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best of luck with your new machine!

1. How does a spring loaded door pusher for chamber work?

A spring loaded door pusher for chamber works by using a spring mechanism to push the door open when pressure is applied. When the door is closed, the spring is compressed, and when pressure is released, the spring expands and pushes the door open.

2. What is the purpose of a spring loaded door pusher for chamber?

The purpose of a spring loaded door pusher for chamber is to make it easier to open and close doors, particularly in areas where there is frequent foot traffic. The spring mechanism reduces the amount of force needed to open the door, making it more convenient for users.

3. Is a spring loaded door pusher for chamber safe to use?

Yes, a spring loaded door pusher for chamber is safe to use. The spring mechanism is designed to provide enough force to open the door, but not so much that it could cause harm to users. However, it is important to regularly check the condition of the spring and replace it if it shows signs of wear and tear.

4. Can a spring loaded door pusher for chamber be installed on any type of door?

In most cases, yes, a spring loaded door pusher for chamber can be installed on any type of door. However, it is important to ensure that the door is properly aligned and that the spring mechanism is strong enough to push the door open. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation.

5. Are there any maintenance requirements for a spring loaded door pusher for chamber?

Yes, there are some maintenance requirements for a spring loaded door pusher for chamber. It is important to regularly check the condition of the spring and replace it if necessary. It is also important to keep the mechanism clean and free of debris to ensure smooth operation. Consult the manufacturer's instructions for specific maintenance guidelines.