Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Squeezed field modes

1. Jun 6, 2005 #1
    Trying to do some reading on squeezed electric field modes in accelerated frames, and it's a bit much. Anyone have any suggestions as to some literature to familiarize myself with before i go any further? Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2005 #2
    Hey Phil, I've been trying to read about this too and have had the following books recommended:

Birrell & Davies, Quantum fields in curved space
    Fulling, Aspects of quantum field theory in curved space-time
    Bjorken & Drell, Relativistic quantum mechanics
    Bjorken & Drell, Relativistic quantum fields
    Scully & Zubairy, Quantum optics
    Meystre & Sargent III, Elements of quantum optics

This is obviously a whole lot of reading for a summer undergrad project... Anybody have any suggestions on narrowing the field, either to one of these texts or another suggestion, to help make papers such as Alsing & Milburn's Teleportation with a uniformly accelerated partner more accessible? I've taken undergrad courses in GR, QM and E&M but have no QFT experience.

4. Jun 7, 2005 #3
    Thanks mike. Im going to head over to the library today and pick up a couple of those books. Your reference will hopefully be appreciated.

Thx again

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?