How to Troubleshoot SSL Certificate Problems When Upgrading to Windows 8.1?

• Thread starter AliGh
  • Start date
In summary, an SSL certificate problem refers to an issue with the security certificate for a website, which can cause a warning or error message when trying to access the site. This can occur due to various reasons, such as an expired or incorrectly installed certificate. To fix the issue, steps may include refreshing the page or contacting the website owner or hosting provider. It is important to address SSL certificate problems seriously, as they can put personal information at risk. To prevent these problems, it is recommended to only access websites with a valid and up-to-date SSL certificate, check for the secure lock symbol, and keep browser and security software up-to-date.
AliGh
Hi
I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 from widows 7
I have a program which connects to a VPN server . Since upgrading to windows 8.1 it doesn't connect any more it gives ssl error
2015-11-05_151217.jpg

The time is correct and i have tried turning firewall off but it doesn't seem to work
The server I'm connecting to is my friends so its trustable

Computer science news on Phys.org
The most probable scenario is that the server you are trying to connect to does not support SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Either turn the SSL request off at your end or ask your friend to enable (or add) SSL.

What is an SSL certificate problem?

An SSL certificate problem refers to an issue with the security certificate that is used to verify the identity of a website. This can cause a warning or error message to appear when trying to access a website, indicating that the website may not be secure.

Why does an SSL certificate problem occur?

An SSL certificate problem can occur for a variety of reasons, such as an expired or invalid certificate, an incorrect installation of the certificate, or an issue with the server or hosting provider.

How can I fix an SSL certificate problem?

The specific steps to fix an SSL certificate problem will vary depending on the cause of the issue. In some cases, simply refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache may resolve the problem. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the website owner or your hosting provider for assistance.

Is an SSL certificate problem a serious concern?

An SSL certificate problem should not be taken lightly, as it can indicate that the website you are trying to access may not be secure. This can put your personal information at risk if you continue to access the site. It is important to address the issue or avoid accessing the site until it is resolved.

How can I prevent SSL certificate problems?

To prevent SSL certificate problems, make sure to only access websites with a valid and up-to-date SSL certificate. You can also check for the secure lock symbol in your browser's address bar to ensure the website is using a secure connection. It is also important to keep your browser and any security software up-to-date to avoid potential conflicts with SSL certificates.