Discover the Secret to Creating Perfect Smoke Rings | Ssss Smokin Smoke Rings

• Thread starter extreme_machinations
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rings Smoke
In summary, the conversation was about creating smoke rings and the different techniques used to do so. One person claimed they could make smoke rings by cupping their mouth and using their tongue and cheeks, while another suggested using a tin can with a flexible membrane and tapping it to create smoke rings. It was also mentioned that smoking can be damaging to one's health. The conversation also touched on the different types of smoking and the ease of creating smoke rings with cigarettes compared to other methods.
extreme_machinations
The Other Day I Was Sitin In A Bar Looking At My Freinds Smoking , They Tried And Tried To Blow A Smoke Ring But Could'nt ,it Ws Agreed That Its Not Possible To Create Smoke Rings At Will ,its A Flash In The Pan , But I Differed ,surely Their Must Be Some Condition For Creating A Smoke Ring ,i Thought This Is The Place To Find That Out .

Physics news on Phys.org
I can make smoke rings. Cup your mouth and stick your tongue out a bit so it sits at the entrance (in the center) then contract your cheeks a bit. Don't breathe out or you'll blow too much smoke.

Take a open tin can and make a hole in the bottom end about an inch in diameter. Over the open end fit a flexible membrane. Fill the can with smoke.
Tapping the flixible membrane causes smoke rings to come out of the hole.

I've seen a much bigger version create large smoke rings and on it's own (no smoke) blow out a candle several feet away.

p.s. don't forget smoking can seriously damage your health

whozum said:
I can make smoke rings. Cup your mouth and stick your tongue out a bit so it sits at the entrance (in the center) then contract your cheeks a bit. Don't breathe out or you'll blow too much smoke.
Exactly so, and it helps if you don't inhale the smoke in the first place. If you just draw it into your mouth, there's a lot more available to make the ring.

Danger said:
Exactly so, and it helps if you don't inhale the smoke in the first place. If you just draw it into your mouth, there's a lot more available to make the ring.

True, its easiest with cigarettes, but I've seen it done with hookah (sheesha) or marijuana. I can only do cigarettes.

whozum said:
True, its easiest with cigarettes, but I've seen it done with hookah (sheesha) or marijuana. I can only do cigarettes.
Cigarettes, cigars, and pipes are the easiest because the smoke density is a lot higher. The whole point of a hookah is that it filters the smoke, which really takes most of the particulate matter out. And I can't personally think of anyone who would waste a significant portion of a spliff by not inhaling it.

Hookah goes straight into the lungs so its diluted a lot by the time its coming back out.
I've seen a really cool trick in a room with not much airflow, blowing out cigarette smoke onto a flat surface, it just kinda sits there for a while in its own little cloud. Really neat looking.

1. What is the secret to creating perfect smoke rings?

The secret to creating perfect smoke rings is to have a deep understanding of the science behind it. It involves manipulating air pressure, heat, and smoke density to create the perfect conditions for smoke rings to form.

2. Can anyone learn how to create perfect smoke rings?

Yes, anyone can learn how to create perfect smoke rings with practice and understanding of the principles involved. It may take some time to master, but with dedication and patience, anyone can achieve it.

3. What are the key factors that affect the formation of smoke rings?

The key factors that affect smoke rings include the density and velocity of the smoke, the shape and size of the smoke ring, and the stability of the air surrounding the smoke ring.

4. Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind when creating smoke rings?

Yes, it is important to always follow safety precautions when working with smoke and fire. This includes having proper ventilation, not inhaling smoke directly, and being cautious with open flames.

5. Can smoke rings be created in any environment?

Smoke rings can be created in any environment as long as there is enough smoke and proper air flow. However, it may be easier to create them in a controlled environment without strong winds or other disturbances.