Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Stacked Dielectric/Electret

1. May 25, 2016 #1
    Hiya,

Essentially, I would like to

1) model a stack of 2 (or more) dielectrics or electrets such as to show the surface voltage as a result of a known applied AC or DC voltage and charge time.

and

2) I`d also like to be able to model the charge accumulation at the material boundary interfaces in the stack over time, given material parameters such as k, resistivity, ect.

For [1], I assume that either a series capacitance model (such as: http://www.phys.uri.edu/gerhard/PHY204/tsl129.pdf ) or a parallel resistor/capacitor model such as in the attached image is best. If anyone could explain which is best or why they`re both bad I`d appreciate it.

For [2], I`m a bit at a loss and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the correct direction.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• pic.png
      pic.png
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted