Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Staff Changes

1. Jan 17, 2008 #1
    Tom Mattson and Nereid have come out of retirement to rejoin the PF staff! :)

On the other hand both Loseyouname and MathIsHard have decided to retire. Applause for their time and efforts! :(

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

YAY for Neried and Tom!!!! WOOT!!!!!

Throw the net over MIH!!!! She can't go. :cry:

4. Jan 17, 2008 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

MIH and LYN? We done run outta philosophizers!

As for me, it's great to be back in green. My absence was largely due to my return to grad school. I kept meaning to check in, but weeks turn into months so fast when you're turning in 30 pages of homework each week and holding down a teaching job. :eek: The time just slipped away. Anyway, there won't be any extended absences from PF in my future.

I'm also very glad to hear that Nereid is back. :approve: I used to lurk over at BAUT to watch her work. She absolutely personifies "moderator". Seeing her over there made me kind of jealous, actually. It's one thing to lose a Mentor to work or school, but it's quite another to lose one to another science forum! :mad::wink:

5. Jan 17, 2008 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tom and Nereid came back simultaneously?! What are the chances of that? Answer: 1,076,271:1 against Welcome back, you two! We've missed you!

And LYN and MIH will be missed -- who else can fill their acryonymic shoes? Thanks to you both so much for your help!

- Warren

6. Jan 17, 2008 #5

Doc Al

Welcome back, Tom! And Nereid! Wow!

Sorry to see LYN & MIH go. You'll both be missed.

7. Jan 17, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hooray for the return of Tom and Nereid!!!! Welcome back! You've both been sorely missed.

Sorry that we have to lose MIH and LYN though. :frown: The philosophy forum really seems to scare away mentors. :uhh:

8. Jan 17, 2008 #7

Astronuc

Welcome back Tom and Nereid!

Sorry to see MIH and LYN leaving, but we'll keep a light on.

9. Jan 17, 2008 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome back Tom and Nereid! This is great news.

MIH, maybe when your work load is reduced we can have you back?

10. Jan 17, 2008 #9

Evo

Her load's reduced, I want her back, now. She's our only philosophizer!

11. Jan 17, 2008 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Damn I should read the feedback before posting elsewhere. Welcome back Tom and Nereid. Very sorry to see MIH not in green but if her commitments need to take her elsewhere then we can't complain and only wish her the very best of luck. I didn't come into contact with loseyourname very much but from what I saw and heard then we have lost another great mentor.

12. Jan 17, 2008 #11

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm gonna miss MIH...

Glad to see the others back, hasn't been the same with out them.

13. Jan 18, 2008 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As far as I know, MIH isn't leaving us completely, she has just stepped down from mentoring due to other obligations she needs to focus on (i.e., finishing up her final semester). When she's all graduated, maybe we can rope her back into mentoring. :biggrin:

14. Jan 18, 2008 #13

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I still think MIH should remain as a Mentor, even if she has to be absent for an extended period of time. Even in her current capacity, with her busy schedule, she still manages to zap away a few spammers all over PF.

<grabbing hold of MIH's arm and not letting go>

Zz.

15. Jan 18, 2008 #14

Doc Al

I agree. Why should we let her go that easily?

16. Jan 18, 2008 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

Wow! Congrats to both!:approve:
    Thanks to dear MIH & Loseyourname for thier efforts!:smile:
    (MIH, you're too oung for retirement! Please stay:cry:)

17. Jan 18, 2008 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You folks are so sweet. I am just worried that I will be too busy to do very much for the next seven months. We are on a quarter system here, so I've actually got to get through a winter quarter, spring quarter, and two back-to-back summer sessions! So hard sometimes to keep the profs happy and keep my bosses happy (and the cat, too). I'll probably be begging Greg to come back in August!

Boy, was I happy to hear about Tom and Nereid returning! :cool: They are so amazing, and I agree with others that PF just isn't the same without them.

I don't think I have seen LYN in a month of Sundays. Does anyone know how he's doing? Is he still dating The Swerve?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  18. Jan 26, 2008 #17

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A belate welcome back Tom and Nereid, just noticed that your green again Tom :biggrin:!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?