Staff Changes

1. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

It is my reluctant duty to report that both Hootenanny and Tom Mattson are retiring from the PF staff (we've been assured it's temporary :biggrin:). While both will still be around the forums, Hootenanny will be focusing on his path to a PhD and Tom has a demanding teaching schedule. Both have put in massive amounts of effort into the forums and it shows. They are and haven been important players in how the forums have been shaped the past few years. Again, we hope they return soon!

To help fill in those very large holes left by Hoot and Tom we have brought in some new fresh top talent. Redbelly98 and Vanadium_50 :approve: Congrats guys and welcome!

2. jcsd
  3. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Thanks, Hoot and Tom, and thanks Redbelly and Vanadium.

4. dlgoff

dlgoff 3,125
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Thank you Hootenanny and Tom Mattson for all your time and effort. Thank you Redbelly and Vanadium for your efforts here already and those to come.

5. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

:cool: Now if Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50 will show up and report to work. :biggrin:

6. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Uh, oh! Do the Mentor restroom and the Mentor microwave need cleaning?

7. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

shhhhh you mean show up for vacation! oh vandy... the janitor's close... I mean hot springs pool is third door on the left :biggrin:

8. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Congrats to Redbelly and Vanadium. Another well-deserved honor.

Best wishes to both Tom and Hoot on their endeavors! If only the physicists around here could figure out a way to add more hours to a day, right? :biggrin:

9. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They'll be back when the days get longer again.

Welcome Redbelly and Vanadium. And don't worry, I will show you my special, secret trick for cleaning the microwave in the Mentor kitchen. :wink:

10. Redbelly98

Redbelly98 12,038
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Thanks everybody! I add my congrats to Vanadium, and good wishes to Hoot and Tom as well.

11. Kurdt

Kurdt 4,941
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome aboard Redbelly and Vanadium. :smile:

Sorry to see Hoot and Tom leave. :frown:

12. Evo

WOOT!!!! Redbelly and Vanadium!!!! I already did my happy dance in the mentor's forum. We are so lucky to have them both!

I am very sad to see Hoot and Tom go even if it's temporary. They both did so much to make this forum what it is today. PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!!!

13. lisab

Redbelly and Vanadium are great additions to an already strong mentor group :approve:.

I hope Hoot and Tom aren't gone too long...thanks, guys.

14. George Jones

George Jones 6,414
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50 in green. Fantastic!

Earl Grey, black, please.

Many thanks to Hootenanny and Tom Mattson.

15. Congrats Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50.

Thanks
    Matt

16. I trust Vanadium will be a great mentor for the parts of the forum I am most familiar with. He has always proven very knowledgeable and rigorous.

Congratulations to the new mentors ! Thanks for taking the duty.

17. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus 2,273
    Homework Helper

Congrats to Vanadium and Redbelly!!!. I am sure both will do a good work!

18. Great choices for new staff !

19. Borek

Thanks and congrats to all four (you can select if you want to be thanked or congratulated) :smile:

20. Vanadium 50

Vanadium 50 17,949
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Worse...it's the same unit! :yuck:

21. G01

G01 2,698
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Those are some big shoes to fill, but, in my experience, Redbelly and Vanadium definitely have big enough feet! (in the metaphorical sense, of course. I know nothing about they're actual feet.)

:biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?