Staff Changes

It is my reluctant duty to report that both Hootenanny and Tom Mattson are retiring from the PF staff (we've been assured it's temporary :biggrin:). While both will still be around the forums, Hootenanny will be focusing on his path to a PhD and Tom has a demanding teaching schedule. Both have put in massive amounts of effort into the forums and it shows. They are and haven been important players in how the forums have been shaped the past few years. Again, we hope they return soon!

To help fill in those very large holes left by Hoot and Tom we have brought in some new fresh top talent. Redbelly98 and Vanadium_50 :approve: Congrats guys and welcome!

turbo

Gold Member
Thanks, Hoot and Tom, and thanks Redbelly and Vanadium.

dlgoff

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you Hootenanny and Tom Mattson for all your time and effort. Thank you Redbelly and Vanadium for your efforts here already and those to come.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
:cool: Now if Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50 will show up and report to work. :biggrin:

turbo

Gold Member
:cool: Now if Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50 will show up and report to work. :biggrin:
Uh, oh! Do the Mentor restroom and the Mentor microwave need cleaning?

shhhhh you mean show up for vacation! oh vandy... the janitor's close... I mean hot springs pool is third door on the left :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats to Redbelly and Vanadium. Another well-deserved honor.

Best wishes to both Tom and Hoot on their endeavors! If only the physicists around here could figure out a way to add more hours to a day, right? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats to Redbelly and Vanadium. Another well-deserved honor.

Best wishes to both Tom and Hoot on their endeavors! If only the physicists around here could figure out a way to add more hours to a day, right? :biggrin:
They'll be back when the days get longer again.

Welcome Redbelly and Vanadium. And don't worry, I will show you my special, secret trick for cleaning the microwave in the Mentor kitchen. :wink:

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Thanks everybody! I add my congrats to Vanadium, and good wishes to Hoot and Tom as well.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome aboard Redbelly and Vanadium. :smile:

Sorry to see Hoot and Tom leave. :frown:

Evo

Mentor
WOOT!!!! Redbelly and Vanadium!!!! I already did my happy dance in the mentor's forum. We are so lucky to have them both!

I am very sad to see Hoot and Tom go even if it's temporary. They both did so much to make this forum what it is today. PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!!!

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Redbelly and Vanadium are great additions to an already strong mentor group :approve:.

I hope Hoot and Tom aren't gone too long...thanks, guys.

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50 in green. Fantastic!

Earl Grey, black, please.

Many thanks to Hootenanny and Tom Mattson.

Congrats Redbelly98 and Vanadium 50.

Thanks
Matt

I trust Vanadium will be a great mentor for the parts of the forum I am most familiar with. He has always proven very knowledgeable and rigorous.

Congratulations to the new mentors ! Thanks for taking the duty.

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper
Congrats to Vanadium and Redbelly!!!. I am sure both will do a good work!

Great choices for new staff !

Borek

Mentor
Thanks and congrats to all four (you can select if you want to be thanked or congratulated) :smile:

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor

G01

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Those are some big shoes to fill, but, in my experience, Redbelly and Vanadium definitely have big enough feet! (in the metaphorical sense, of course. I know nothing about they're actual feet.)

:biggrin:

Lisa!

Gold Member
Congrats to Redbelly98 and Vanadium_50 !:smile:

Thanks to Tom and Hoot! Wish them the bests!

PS: But Tom had told me before that he'd never leave PF mentorship:uhh:

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Those are some big shoes to fill, but, in my experience, Redbelly and Vanadium definitely have big enough feet!
What they lack in size, they make up in smelliness.

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'd like to add my, somewhat belated, congratulations to both Redbelly and Vanadium. They have both made huge contributions to PF already and I am sure that they will both make excellent mentors.

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Hoot! You're back!