Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Staff light this weekend

1. Mar 17, 2010 #1
    Just a small announcement that several mentors and I might be a bit scarce this weekend. We are having a sort of impromptu get-together which requires some travel. So don't fret if we don't get to issues or PMs immediately. More information perhaps in the future. Thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2010 #2
    The forum is mine, all mine!1!!

4. Mar 17, 2010 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

There will be Mentors around, but even those of us who will be on travel will have full internet connection, especially once we're there. At least, that's what Greg indicated. So we can still check in to PF whenever we have the chance.

Zz.

5. Mar 17, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Woo-hoo, can't wait for the vacation, thanks Greg!

6. Mar 17, 2010 #5
    Okay, but only so long as the aforementioned information with details is supplied at some point.

7. Mar 17, 2010 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You guys have all the fun.

8. Mar 17, 2010 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So sorry I wasn't able to join you on this trip. Thanks so much for the invitation and have a great time!

9. Mar 18, 2010 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, hell no. You are NOT backing out. I need someone to hold me steady at the event. Evo's too frail and I might be very wobbly (drunk).

10. Mar 18, 2010 #9
    hell no you're not drinking!!!! did you forget already? oh nevermind... :smile:

11. Mar 18, 2010 #10

russ_watters

Guess I'm not one of the cool kids... :cry:

12. Mar 18, 2010 #11

jtbell

Too bad my wife and I already had visitors from abroad scheduled for this weekend. :cry:

I hope the streaming video works out OK. (It's only for invitees who can't make it, so don't you other folks get any ideas... :smile:)

13. Mar 18, 2010 #12

Evo

That reminds me, I should go buy a book. MIH, did you get that swimsuit from e-bay?

14. Mar 18, 2010 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oops, I forgot my sarcasm warning. :biggrin:

Y'know, I never really did get that invitation, though. You're not going to live that down, lol! I still need to check on why my mail didn't get forwarded from my old address; I'd have thought at the least it would have gotten returned to you. Maybe it's just taking its time getting returned to sender. Thank goodness for phones and emails.

You're going to have a hard time getting drunk on sparkling apple cider though.

15. Mar 18, 2010 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

We'll try to be good kids if you promise to post pictures of this PF staff meeting!
    Oh just think about it...PF staff pictures at the beach:!!)

16. Mar 18, 2010 #15
    Bolding mine.

17. Mar 18, 2010 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: You might try checking the Mentors Forum once in awhile.

18. Mar 18, 2010 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...maybe it wasn't just a forwarding problem with my invitation if Russ didn't get his. That really sucks! We'll miss seeing you there, Russ. But, yeah, Greg has been asking for your email address for a while when you didn't RSVP...I thought I had it, but it must be an old email that you're not checking now.

I have to say, though, I'm glad I'm among the "retired" staff attending. I won't have to worry about checking in to make sure PF hasn't gone down in a ball of flame wars with everyone away. :biggrin: I'm looking forward to this trip. I really need a little break.

And, yeah, I think we'll have pictures to post after...though I'm terrible about getting my photos uploaded and sorted, so don't be surprised if it takes me some time after returning to get the photos posted (it was hard enough getting the time off work, so I'm sure I'll be swamped when I return).

19. Mar 18, 2010 #18

Evo

Russ, check with Greg, I believe he has already arranged for your ticket.

20. Mar 19, 2010 #19

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You know what? I hope you all have a horrible time!.:grumpy: (Well maybe not really, but it might make me feel a little better about having to miss it.)

21. Mar 19, 2010 #20

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

No need to be bitter about it, janus. We'll send you all those little umbrellas that come with our drinks! :)

Speaking of which, I should be on my way to the airport already! See you all there!

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook