What's Happening at the Human Services Department This Weekend?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, several mentors and staff members of the forum will be unavailable this weekend due to an impromptu get-together that requires travel. They will still have internet connection and will try to address any issues or PMs when they can. The forum will still be monitored and an update with more details may be provided in the future.
lisab said:
We should start a pool on which mentor will need to be bailed out first.

Then we can start another fund for the bail.

Of course, MiH is the obvious favorite, but I'm not so sure...

You're the woman in the know, so I'll follow your lead.

Physics news on Phys.org
All your forums are belong to us :devil:

Its gone to **** already!

springbreak06022.jpg

looks like the girls are having a good time.

Wow, Greg funded them a time travel.

DanP said:
In case you're wondering, Dan, yes somebody got that reference. :rofl:

Sorry I had to miss this.

Redbelly98 said:

You're in our side now!:devil:

OK, where do we sent the hit-team? Nassau? St. Thomas? :devil:

I think the mentors who are going to need to be bailed out first are Redbelly and Janus, since they weren't able to join us and are going to be defending the forums against the raiding parties while everyone else is away. :rofl:

I love these time changes! I feel like I slept in, and it's still before sunrise. I'm not quite sure what time sunrise is yet, but I think I have time to find breakfast first (I hope the restaurant is open this early...the coffee in the room is enough to get me started, but I could use some real milk instead of that powdered creamer for a second cup, and my tummy thinks it's lunch time already).

Today looks like it's going to be a wonderful day for snorkeling. To the folks still arriving, if the front desk won't give out room numbers and you don't want to keep leaving messages through them, check your PM inbox (I know some of you might be ignoring your inboxes while on vacation)...I sent you each a list of the room numbers of those of us here already so we can call each other to coordinate stuff. Most of us are on the same floor so far. Or, check the mentor's forum for updates on where and when to meet...we're kind of on our own for the morning, but are trying to coordinate a place and time to meet for lunch (maybe the grill near the pool...it has a really nice ocean view...I haven't scoped out anything beyond hotel property yet, and with many of you arriving today, it's probably easiest to stay close so you can find us).

Today is going to be such a fun day, finally getting to meet so many of you in person! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Today is going to be such a fun day, finally getting to meet so many of you in person! :biggrin:

So is the location being kept a secret because you don't want the rest of the 193,840 forum members showing up for breakfast tomorrow morning? :biggrin:

DanP said:

Redbelly98 said:

Yeah, yeah. You two are old-school fer sure. :biggrin:

OmCheeto said:
So is the location being kept a secret because you don't want the rest of the 193,840 forum members showing up for breakfast tomorrow morning? :biggrin:

I'm sure that's the reason Om. I know I personally was going to fund about 20,000 people myself, I have my credit card ready to swipe and bags are packed. Once they send me a few more photos, I'm sure I'll have the location nailed.

Look at Moonbears last post time. Must be about 5 hours behind my time here in Kansas. I say they're in Hawaii.

Hawaii was my first idea too. Berkeman stated flying from the west coast helped and nobody mentioned passports.

AirTerritory.jpg

I think they are here. If that's the case I don't want to go. Cause there be dragons!

Borek said:
Hawaii was my first idea too. Berkeman stated flying from the west coast helped and nobody mentioned passports.
Yea. He was helping here to the very end.

I wonder if he will get the chance to party or will he just stay in his room with his laptop?

hypatia said:
I'm sure that's the reason Om. I know I personally was going to fund about 20,000 people myself, I have my credit card ready to swipe and bags are packed. Once they send me a few more photos, I'm sure I'll have the location nailed.

Well, I just got an invitation to go to the river. It's supposed to be close to 70'F today, first time since probably October, so I'm going to have a bit of a party of my own. Though my friends are not quite a smart as PF'ers, they are still a hoot to hang out with. (Lampshade pictures to follow). :tongue2:

When am I officially allowed to be really, really envious?

Borek said:

Hawaii? Well then... They'd better get ahold of https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2560872&postcount=9". There's nothing like a drunken sailor to liven up a weekend. :smile:

(edit: just sent him a pm to his myfacebook account. You can now expect the whole crew... bwah ahahahaha!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The islands of Hawaii are stunning. Love them all. Know them well. Lived and played there many a time. Most groups nowadays head to Kauai or Maui for fun and business. I wonder if the participants of the trip will be writing it off on their 2010 Federal and Individual Income Tax return as an educational business meeting. :smile: with a giggle. Sunny thoughts and tan bodies to you all wherever you are at this moment. HAVE FUN!

GeorginaS said:
When am I officially allowed to be really, really envious?
I'm thinking now would be a good time.:cry:

hawaii.jpg

Searching our staff.

FINALLY HERE! It is supposed to be 89 degrees today.

Man there are a lot of dogs here.

I guess we should have warned Russ that Tsu was already here before he decided to take a shower! :rofl:

I have survived the trip! OMG, that flight was killing, why can't commercial airlines fly at higher speeds? I'm going to see whether I can find some PFers walking around in the wild :biggrin:

:rofl: Hawaii, good guess, but not close enough!

[jealous]Isn't it an imaginary trip or some joke for april's fools day? we need some proof to believe you!:tongue:[/jealous]

Just joking... Have fun:smile:

Lisa! said:
[jealous]Isn't it an imaginary trip or some joke for april's fools day? we need some proof to believe you!:tongue:[/jealous]

I am not going to share details, but I have reasons to doubt the story.

Hawaii image was a trap :devil:

Could it be...possibly...Bora Bora (gasp!)?

Oh wow! Buy up some property for a PFers retirement village!

So what did you guys have for lunch? Mine was great!

Miss you!

lagoon_lunch.jpg

Last edited:
Wait a moment, so you were flying for 8 hours and you are not with them?

You took wrong plane, or what?

No, I made it just fine. The plane ride was better than I thought, even if the guy next to me snored horribly for most of it.

Math Is Hard said:
So what did you guys have for lunch? Mine was great!

Miss you!

lagoon_lunch.jpg
I don't believe it. jellyroll2008...:devil:
Where's the Evo woman? She'll tell where you guys are. :tongue2:

Ivan Seeking said:
I guess we should have warned Russ that Tsu was already here before he decided to take a shower! :rofl:

**groan** My EYES!1!1 I'm BLIND!1111 :rofl:

Borek said:
Wait a moment, so you were flying for 8 hours and you are not with them?

You took wrong plane, or what?
MIH meant she missed you guys.

I am still trying to get adjusted to the time change.

I must say that MIH is absolutely glowing! This is so much fun finally meeting everyone.

Not Hawaii and not a joke. Crap sumburn hurts. I'm an idiot.

berkeman said:
... Crap sumburn hurts. I'm an idiot.

Am I allowed to say we knew that? :biggrin: