George Jones Promoted to PF Staff - Farewell Pervect

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, George Jones has been promoted to the PF staff and is now a mentor. Pervect has retired and has been thanked for his contributions. There has been a loss with Pervect's departure, but George has been given a promotion and is now working alongside Cristo. First impressions after 24 hours show that PF is a well-run and dedicated site.
Staff Promotion!

Please congratulate George Jones as he is added to the PF staff! :smile:

As always there is a loss to go with this. Pervect has retired. Please thank him for his efforts! :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome George. Watch out for the Sisterhood...

Bon voyage, Pervect. You will be missed.

George has been a very valuable member, and is well-deserving of this change. Best to Pervert... er, I mean, Prevect in his new endeavours. You've been a great Mentor.

Congratulations George! It's wonderful to have you on board! Check with cristo for your mop bucket and mentor coffee preferences for making us coffee. :approve:

Now you've cracked the inner circle, George, we can put our plan in motion. Shh!

Congratulations George!

Cristo should be extremely happy. He was getting rather tired of having to clean the Mentors' bathroom and fetching us coffee...

Welcome aboard, George! I like my coffee with cream, no sugar.

Zz.

Congratulations, George! Grab a broom, mop, bucket and some rags and follow me. :biggrin:

Pervect, many thanks for the time and effort put into to PF. I hope we still hear from you as time permits.

Congratulations George, on a very well deserved promotion!

And thank you to Pervect for all your hard work!

Congrats George! I'm now spoiled on Kona coffee, so I'll take that with one sugar and a splash of milk. :biggrin:

Cristo didn't have long to clean the mentor bathrooms. Well deserved George, you look good in green. Thank you pervect for your excellent efforts.

Moonbear said:
Congrats George! I'm now spoiled on Kona coffee, so I'll take that with one sugar and a splash of milk. :biggrin:
MB, I thought you would make George buy you a pound of civet-poop coffee (a bit of hazing).

Congrats George. I'm glad to get out of my coffee and bathroom duties!

Welcome aboard George!

Congrats!

Staff Promotion!

WOW THANKS GUYS!

Greg just PMed me to inform me I am now going to have the title of "Grand Overlord" of PF. Meaning, I am now your GOD. This is such a great honor. Allow me to extend my appreciation by banning several of you at random.

As part of my good will to you underlings, I also decided to give the great George Jones the title of PF MENTOR.

All praise him!

<THAT IS ALL>

Welcome aboard George!

Congrats!

Thanks everyone!

And thanks to pervect for the large contribution that he made to PF.

I've never in my life made non-instant coffee, and I generally only have coffee if it has ice in it. I guess this is my chance to experiment. :biggrin:

George Jones said:
Thanks everyone!

And thanks to pervect for the large contribution that he made to PF.

I've never in my life made non-instant coffee, and I generally only have coffee if it has ice in it. I guess this is my chance to experiment. :biggrin:

Oooooh I love iced frappes! Extra whip topping please! :approve:

Welcome George, and thank you pervect. You'll be missed.

High five, George!

Tom Mattson said:
Welcome George, and thank you pervect. You'll be missed.

Thanks Tom.

First impressions after my first 24 hours:

I knew work went on behind the scenes, but I had no idea just how much. It isn't just by chance that this is the best place on the web. A bunch of dedicated people work hard to ensure that the quality here stays high. These people all deserve much praise and thanks. I hope that I can make some small contribution.

My experience has been a real eye-opener.

Bye Pervect, all the best for the future.

Congrats George!

Congrats George, you deserve it!

Congratulations, George!

And thank you, pervect. Many of your posts have been very helpful. :smile:

1. What is the significance of George Jones being promoted to PF staff?

George Jones being promoted to PF staff is significant because it means that he has been recognized for his hard work and contributions to the company. It also means that he will have more responsibility and potentially more opportunities for career growth.

2. What is the role of PF staff?

PF staff stands for "Professional and Field" staff and their role is to provide support and expertise in their specific field or area of expertise. They may also be responsible for training and mentoring other employees.

3. How does this promotion impact the company?

This promotion could have a positive impact on the company as it shows that they value and reward their employees who demonstrate dedication and excellence in their work. It could also lead to increased motivation and productivity within the company.

4. What is the significance of the farewell to Pervect?

The farewell to Pervect is significant as it marks the end of their time at the company and potentially their contributions and impact on the company. It could also signify a change in the company's direction or team dynamics.

5. Will George Jones' promotion affect his relationships with colleagues and superiors?

This is a possibility, as with any change in job roles and responsibilities, but it ultimately depends on George Jones and how he handles his new position. If he continues to work well with others and maintains good communication, his relationships should not be affected negatively.