Standard C multiple choice

No conversion or promotion will occur for int to unsigned int. So, in summary, if either operand is a floating type, int will be converted to float and float may be promoted to double or long double, with no conversion or promotion for int to unsigned int.
spursfan2110
D. When evaluating a mixed type expression (e.g. a + b) if either operand is a floating type,
which of the following conversions or promotions may occur
i. int is converted to float
ii. float is promoted to double
iii. double is promoted to long double
iv. int is promoted to unsigned int
v. None of the above

Just wanted to double check here and confirm my answer. I know that int will be converted to float, so (i) is correct, (ii and iii) could take place if the non floating type integer is a double or long double, I don't see a reason for an int to be converted, it will simply go to float, disproving (iv), and (v) is not right. Do you guys agree? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, you are correct. In a mixed type expression, if either operand is a floating type, int will be converted to float and float may be promoted to double or long double, depending on the type of the other operand.

1. What is Standard C multiple choice?

Standard C multiple choice is a type of test or assessment that presents a series of questions or statements, each with a set of possible answers. The test-taker must choose the correct answer from the given options.

2. How is Standard C multiple choice different from other types of tests?

Unlike open-ended or essay questions, Standard C multiple choice only allows for a limited number of options for each question. This type of test is also usually scored automatically by a computer, making it a more efficient method of assessment.

3. Why is Standard C multiple choice commonly used in science?

Standard C multiple choice is often used in science because it allows for a large amount of content to be covered in a short amount of time. It also requires critical thinking and decision-making skills, which are important in the scientific field.

4. How should I prepare for a Standard C multiple choice test?

To prepare for a Standard C multiple choice test, it is important to review all relevant material and practice answering similar questions. It can also be helpful to familiarize yourself with the format of the test and the types of questions that may be asked.

5. Can Standard C multiple choice tests be biased?

While Standard C multiple choice tests strive to be objective and unbiased, they may unintentionally contain cultural or language biases. It is important for test-makers to consider these factors and for test-takers to be aware of potential biases when taking these tests.