Standard Pipe Shaft Sizes: Catalogs & Websites

In summary, standard pipe shaft sizes refer to the standardized measurements of pipes used in various industries. These sizes typically range from 1/8 inch to 24 inches in diameter and can be determined by consulting catalogs or websites. Different types of pipes have their own set of standard sizes, and standard pipe shaft sizes can also be used for non-industrial purposes. However, there may be variations in standard sizes across different countries, so it is important to consult resources specific to your region.
Fantastic Fox
Has anyone got a link to manufacturers catalogues or websites (anything online?) where I can find standard pipe shaft sizes?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pipe shaft? Can you clarify what you're looking for? Pipes are not generally used as shafts, so perhaps there's another word that might help.

Pipes are standardized and shafts are usually made in incremements depending on OD. Like TVP mentioned, what exactly are you looking for?

I'll be interested to hear what this is about also.

1. What are standard pipe shaft sizes?

Standard pipe shaft sizes refer to the standardized measurements of pipes used in various industries, including plumbing, construction, and manufacturing. These sizes typically range from 1/8 inch to 24 inches in diameter and are measured based on the inside diameter (ID) or outside diameter (OD) of the pipe.

2. How can I determine the standard pipe shaft size for my project?

You can determine the standard pipe shaft size for your project by consulting catalogs or websites that provide detailed information on pipe sizes and dimensions. These resources often include charts and tables that list the different standard sizes and their corresponding measurements, making it easy to find the right size for your specific needs.

3. Are there different standard pipe shaft sizes for different types of pipes?

Yes, there are different standard pipe shaft sizes for different types of pipes. For instance, PVC pipes have their own set of standard sizes, while steel pipes have a different set of standard sizes. It is important to consult the appropriate catalog or website for the type of pipe you are using to ensure you are using the correct standard size.

4. Can I find standard pipe shaft sizes for non-industrial purposes?

Yes, standard pipe shaft sizes can also be used for non-industrial purposes such as DIY projects or home renovations. Many hardware stores and home improvement retailers carry pipes in standard sizes that can be used for various projects. However, it is important to keep in mind that these standard sizes may not be suitable for industrial or heavy-duty use.

5. Are there any variations in standard pipe shaft sizes across different countries?

Yes, there can be variations in standard pipe shaft sizes across different countries. While many countries follow similar standards, there can be slight differences in measurements or terminology. It is important to consult catalogs or websites specific to your country or region to ensure you are using the correct standard size for your project.