Did Captain Kirk's Drinking Habits Predict His Future Weight Gain?

In summary: This video has 3 classic Star Trek parodies. One from SNL, one from In Living Color, and one from The Wonder Years:One from SNL, one from In Living Color, and one from The Wonder Years:When part of Jefferson Airplane morphed into Jeffereson Starship in the early seventies, I suppose the starships from Star Trek inspired the name.Also, there was an early seventies made-for-TV movie called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucS-J60ShF0". Look for William Shatner as the father at about the 55 second mark. I'm not familiar with the song played in the movie, but
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
OK, so probably only me and Ivan will laugh at this but what the hey..

man, that Saurian brandy will mess you up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, that was different...

That was absolutely brilliant!

Math Is Hard said:
How could you possibly say that?

That was brilliant! :rofl:

Feed your head!

Math Is Hard said:

Excellent! Brilliant!

Very cool MIH! :cool: :approve:

I'm totally amazed that the person who put that montage together is only 22.:cool:

I personally feel much better about everything now!

Math Is Hard said:

Yeah, but not as bad as a good theragen derivative!

Math Is Hard said:
I'm totally amazed that the person who put that montage together is only 22.:cool:

Yea, gees I am older than dirt and I really enjoyed that clip.

That only ever happens to me when I drink Romulan Ale!

:rofl: Where were you people when I was a fifth grade outcast saving my allowance to buy a Star Trek episode guide?

nevermind - some of you weren't born!:cry:

Last edited:
Awesome vid.

I love it! It makes me think of Easy Rider from the 23rd century.

Who recognizes every scene immediately?

Scary, huh?

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl: Where were you people when I was a fifth grade outcast saving my allowance to buy a Star Trek episode guide?

Living with Tsu, working on CT scanners, and watching re-runs of Star Trek for the seventh time?

Great video, thanks MIH!
:biggrin:

I enjoyed that very much!

For a different mood...

(also by same "author")

Math Is Hard said:

nevermind - some of you weren't born!:cry:
Oh that was you? Sorry, my memory is not that clear, I was a bit high on cordrazine when I sold you that guide. :wink:

I enjoyed the Picard song but I think it goes on a tad too long.

He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence...

I particularly like that bit :smile:

MeJennifer said:
Oh that was you? Sorry, my memory is not that clear, I was a bit high on cordrazine when I sold you that guide. :wink:

:rofl: That was YouJennifer!

good stuff! :approve: "Makemakemakemake make it so.. make it so!"

Ivan Seeking said:
Who recognizes every scene immediately?

Scary, huh?

:redface: yeah.

This video has 3 classic Star Trek parodies. One from SNL, one from In Living Color, and one from The Wonder Years:

The Wonder Years scene is priceless! (take note, sisters.) :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Where were you people when I was a fifth grade outcast saving my allowance to buy a Star Trek episode guide?
Studying nuclear and astrophysics, watching Star Trek reruns occasionally, and . . . . well doing things I can't go into. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Studying nuclear and astrophysics
Aye, you must be that lad who still works with those old impulse powered engines. :rofl:

AGH! I can't get the Picard song out of my head now!

Gokul43201 said:
For a different mood...

(also by same "author")

y'know, I was wondering, should we call these people "authors" or "editors" or what?

Kurdt said:

He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence...

I particularly like that bit :smile:

Star Trekkin > Picard's Song

Math Is Hard said:
y'know, I was wondering, should we call these people "authors" or "editors" or what?
I settled on 'author' after discarding 'producer' (too stuffy), 'creator' (too holy) and 'tuber' (too obscure and/or vegetably). I thought 'author' allowed for most flexibility of connotation.

vegetably! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about tubists? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
AGH! I can't get the Picard song out of my head now!

Oops sorry :redface:

Star Trekkin > Picard's Song

Now that's just annoying.

Math Is Hard said:

Absolutely brilliant! (Sorry, Janus - I couldn't think of a better way to put it.) Thanks.

I found this thread last night, and when I played the video over and over while singing along off-key, my wife, who has never heard of Jefferson Airplane, thought that I had lost it completely. My four-month old daughter thoroughly enjoyed sitting in my lap my, listening to my singing (too young to be a critic), and watching the video, though.

A couple of interesting connections come to mind.

When part of Jefferson Airplane morphed into Jeffereson Starship in the early seventies, I suppose the starships from Star Trek inspired the name.

Also, there was an early seventies made-for-TV movie called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucS-J60ShF0". Look for William Shatner as the father at about the 55 second mark. I'm not familiar with the song played in the video.

Wasn't the original Star Trek's "White Rabbit" episode the most ridiculed? No wonder they call it dope!

Loren Booda said:
Wasn't the original Star Trek's "White Rabbit" episode the most ridiculed? No wonder they call it dope!

That was "Shore Leave", and that was a great episode compared to the purely laughable mess that was the legendary "Spock's Brain" (3rd season, of course).

Scenes from shore leave:

And the episode preview:

George Jones said:
Also, there was an early seventies made-for-TV movie called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucS-J60ShF0". Look for William Shatner as the father at about the 55 second mark. I'm not familiar with the song played in the video.

I remember reading that book when I was a kid. I didn't know they had made a movie out of it. LOL - Shatner's so versatile.:rofl:

slider142 said:
That was "Shore Leave", and that was a great episode compared to the purely laughable mess that was the legendary "Spock's Brain" (3rd season, of course).

Hey, :grumpy: that episode made for some great theater:

Star Trek "Spock's Brain" news story & live show clips

<h2>1. What is "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?</h2><p>Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit is the seventh episode of the first season of the original Star Trek television series. It aired on November 1, 1966 and was written by Paul Schneider and directed by Marc Daniels.</p><h2>2. What is the plot of "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?</h2><p>The plot of "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" follows the crew of the USS Enterprise as they encounter a strange cloud that causes all the crew members to experience hallucinations. Captain Kirk must find a way to snap his crew out of their trance before the ship is destroyed by an approaching planet.</p><h2>3. Who are the main characters in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?</h2><p>The main characters in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" are Captain James T. Kirk, Commander Spock, and Doctor Leonard "Bones" McCoy. Other recurring characters such as Lieutenant Uhura and Ensign Chekov also have significant roles in this episode.</p><h2>4. What is the significance of the white rabbit in this episode?</h2><p>The white rabbit in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" symbolizes the crew's descent into their hallucinations. It is a recurring theme throughout the episode and serves as a reminder that their perceptions may not be real.</p><h2>5. What are some memorable moments from "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?</h2><p>Some memorable moments from "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" include Spock playing the harp, Kirk's confrontation with a giant hand, and the crew's realization that they are all experiencing the same hallucinations. Additionally, the episode features a unique scene where Kirk and Spock recite a line from Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."</p>

1. What is "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?

Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit is the seventh episode of the first season of the original Star Trek television series. It aired on November 1, 1966 and was written by Paul Schneider and directed by Marc Daniels.

2. What is the plot of "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?

The plot of "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" follows the crew of the USS Enterprise as they encounter a strange cloud that causes all the crew members to experience hallucinations. Captain Kirk must find a way to snap his crew out of their trance before the ship is destroyed by an approaching planet.

3. Who are the main characters in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?

The main characters in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" are Captain James T. Kirk, Commander Spock, and Doctor Leonard "Bones" McCoy. Other recurring characters such as Lieutenant Uhura and Ensign Chekov also have significant roles in this episode.

4. What is the significance of the white rabbit in this episode?

The white rabbit in "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" symbolizes the crew's descent into their hallucinations. It is a recurring theme throughout the episode and serves as a reminder that their perceptions may not be real.

5. What are some memorable moments from "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit"?

Some memorable moments from "Star Trek TOS - White Rabbit" include Spock playing the harp, Kirk's confrontation with a giant hand, and the crew's realization that they are all experiencing the same hallucinations. Additionally, the episode features a unique scene where Kirk and Spock recite a line from Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."