Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Star Trek XI

1. Mar 7, 2007 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2007 #2
    I'm told the plot involves Kirk, Spock, and McCoy as students at Starfleet Academy. Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm concerned that this might turn into Star Trek 90210.
  4. Mar 7, 2007 #3
    Nice, I think its going to be a good casting.
  5. Mar 7, 2007 #4
    No wonder star trek is dying. All this prequel stuff is ruining it.
  6. Mar 7, 2007 #5

Gold Member

I've heard the actor they are getting to play McCoy is to be older than the original actor was at the start of the 1st Star Trek series :rofl:
  7. Mar 7, 2007 #6

Homework Helper

So what? Does anyone really care about the age of the actor? It's just a movie, folks.
  8. Mar 7, 2007 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, it's a Star Trek movie. We have to live with this for the next fifty years.
  9. Mar 7, 2007 #8
    Yeah, I agree. I admit that Enterprise was interesting for a while, largely because we got to find out what happened back on earth a couple generations after the events in First Contact. But really, they should have stuck with what worked, and did a movie about DS9, or at least something set in the 24th century.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?