1. marcus

marcus 24,518
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

2. jcsd
  3. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Are you sure you linked to the right page?

4. It says this:

5. Evo

Yeah, but I was expecting an article or something.

6. Yes, there are several things I don't understand about this. Marcus saw it.

7. Astronuc

I would recommend not trying too hard to understand it. Way more effort than necessary. :rolleyes:

Actually any effort would be too much :biggrin:

8. Someone found my blog by searching google for "start a business selling physics". (All the boldface strings are searches that led to my blog.) I thought this was funny and made some silly comments about a hypothetical business that sells "physics". It's nothing profound or meaningful.

9. Yes, but how did you find out we were discussing it such that you came over here and joined up just to explain it?

10. Evo

Someone could have seen it and told him or he could have been lurking until now. I think it's nice that they took time to respond.

11. I could see from my referrer log that I was getting hits from this page. (This is also how I knew about the google searches that my blog post was about.)

12. Mystery solved. Except it's still not clear what, specifically, had Marcus confused.

13. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought it was pretty funny. I'm more interested in who was searching about getting drunk in two dimensions though. :rofl: I'm not sure what confused Marcus though. Maybe he didn't read the first sentence that explained what it was and just stumbled on it?

14. I wonder what a person would pay for a law of motion. I could set up a booth at the swap meet.

15. marcus

marcus 24,518
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

several people asked what I didnt understand
    to clear that up
    it was that I tried searching google with keywords "start a business selling physics" and maybe some others (I dont remember) and I did NOT come across Arcane Gazebo.
    so what I dont understand is were those other people using some non-google search engine? or were they looking harder, like in the 2nd or 3rd page of hits, which i hardly ever look at?

16. Now I understand. I didn't even try it.

17. is the whole site like a blog? for some reason i've been reading a lot of random bloggy thingies like this recently. i don't get it. people spend so much time on them. usually they're filled with so many inside jokes that its not very fun for me, a stranger, to read.

i thought the google searches were pretty funny though. reminds me of how i found pf. i think i'm gonna google some interesting things and see what i find.

18. so i was looking around that site.... WEIRD. i found some site called like "learn semi conductor physics from britney spears. and it looks like a joke, but the physics is real, and it has some story about some old famous actress and i don't know if its real either. then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...

19. Yeah, I hate when that happens.

20. well zoob, i know i've always said i was only 18, but really, i'm 44, and have i ever mentioned how cute you were? oh, by the way, i once played for the st louis cardinals. yeah, thats pro. whatcha said we head on over to my place and i'll show you my old trophies sugar.

21. Evo

Probably Hedy Lamarr "In 1942, at the height of her Hollywood career, she patented a frequency-switching system for torpedo guidance that was two decades ahead of its time."

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

Oh that's just sick, some old perv trolling a Britney Spears chat room looking for teenagers. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?