Started watching House

1. I just started watching House, and it's the most unique show I've ever watched. It's just so good. I figured out that House is like Sherlock Holmes but in the medical sense. (He's a diagnostician) When I went on Wikipedia.org, and typed in House, I found out that it is a homophone of Holmes, and a lot of things in the show are modeled after the Sherlock Holmes series.

2. jcsd
  3. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: House

Actually, Homes is a homophone of Holmes. House is a homphone of, er, ... :confused:

4. Re: House

Okay. Hey, do you know how I would be able to become a PF Mentor?

5. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not by posting threads about fictional TV characters in the serious subject forums...:uhh: Moved to GD.

6. Re: House

When I grow up I want to become a house.

7. Re: House

Oh. Okay, I apologize.

8. Re: House

What do you mean by, "I want to beceome a house?"

9. berkeman

You have to go to medical school for that. :biggrin:

10. Re: House

Do you mean that you want to become like House, like a diagnostician, or...?

11. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The idea of a character like House having once been a med student makes me cringe.

12. berkeman

13. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

14. berkeman

Wow. So here's the list of the first 20 Mentors -- cool :cool:

15. Evo

16. G01

G01 2,687
    Homework Helper

17. berkeman

Very nice entry, G01. Well done. You might consider putting the past PF thread links that Evo and Moonbear and I linked to, into the Past Forum Threads section of your library entry. But it's up to you -- it stands well just as-is too.

18. G01

G01 2,687
    Homework Helper

Sounds good berkeman. I don't think I can add things to the "Recent thread list." I believe that is just a automatic process. Any new threads with the right words become listed there. I can possibly add them to the "See Also" link, though. Let me see what I can do.

Also, I noticed in one of those threads, Evo was talking about how she was never going to become a mentor! Two points:

1. Evo- Be confident! You can do it!:biggrin:

2.You told be you were always an all powerful and omniscient mentor.... I'm....so.... confused.....My world view....collapsing....:cry:

19. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Um, I don't see anything much in it. It looks more like a placeholder entry to me. Am I supposed to see more?

20. G01

G01 2,687
    Homework Helper

Did you move down to the extended explanation section?:confused:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?