Starting Again from Scratch

I am a new member on these forums and my first post here concerns resources for reaccquainting myself with the wonderful world of physics. After an extended absence from this field, I am looking to re-immerse myself in all the subjects it has to offer, starting from the beginning. I am currently working at a Grade 11 Tertiary level and although much of what I study will be merely revision and/or irrelevant, I would like the opportunity to jump right in and ensure that I have re-covered all the basics and, later, the more intermediary and advanced concepts.

Would any of the other forum members have any suggestions as to the resources I could use to facilitate this progress? Here are the topics I am looking at studying, based on the curriculum provided by my high school:

Forces and Energy:
Forces and motion
Momentum
Newton's Laws
Conservation of momentum
Work, energy and power

Statics:
Equilibrium of forces
Moments
Centre of gravity
Friction

Rotational dynamics:
Uniform circular motion
Angular acceleration
Torque
Moment of inertia
Angular momentum

Gravitational fields:
Force and potential
Newton's Theory of gravitation
Satellite motion

Cheers,

Kristopher

Answers and Replies

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you really wish to learn Physics the best place to start is in a Calculus text.

That second link is unbelieveable.

That second link is fabulous beyond anything I can express. I have been watching Walter Lewin lectures recently, even on topics I already know about. He is amazing!