1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Starting Again from Scratch

1. Jul 6, 2005 #1
    I am a new member on these forums and my first post here concerns resources for reaccquainting myself with the wonderful world of physics. After an extended absence from this field, I am looking to re-immerse myself in all the subjects it has to offer, starting from the beginning. I am currently working at a Grade 11 Tertiary level and although much of what I study will be merely revision and/or irrelevant, I would like the opportunity to jump right in and ensure that I have re-covered all the basics and, later, the more intermediary and advanced concepts.

Would any of the other forum members have any suggestions as to the resources I could use to facilitate this progress? Here are the topics I am looking at studying, based on the curriculum provided by my high school:

Forces and Energy:
    Forces and motion
    Momentum
    Newton's Laws
    Conservation of momentum
    Work, energy and power

Statics:
    Equilibrium of forces
    Moments
    Centre of gravity
    Friction

Rotational dynamics:
    Uniform circular motion
    Angular acceleration
    Torque
    Moment of inertia
    Angular momentum

Gravitational fields:
    Force and potential
    Newton's Theory of gravitation
    Satellite motion

Cheers,

Kristopher

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2005 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you really wish to learn Physics the best place to start is in a Calculus text.

4. Jul 6, 2005 #3
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  5. Jul 6, 2005 #4
    That second link is unbelieveable.

6. Jul 6, 2005 #5
    That second link is fabulous beyond anything I can express. I have been watching Walter Lewin lectures recently, even on topics I already know about. He is amazing!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?